News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

brushes

Started by briand2, February 29, 2012, 07:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

briand2

Hi, fairly new to this hobby and have aquired an older Bachmann loco which requires new brushes, can anyone tell me where to get these please.

bobwrgt

What scale? What model? Can motor or early pancake motor?

Bob

GoCanes

Get a new, brushless motor (see my thread on this subject) and tell us how and if it works out?

;)

:D

Doneldon

brian-

I can't agree with GoCanes that you should install a brushless motor. I believe we already have enough evidence that current brushless motors leave something to be desired in model trains and I'm not so sure that using your model as another test of that is such a hot idea.
                                                                                                                                                                  -- D

GoCanes

Quote from: Doneldon on March 03, 2012, 11:51:24 PM
brian-

I can't agree with GoCanes that you should install a brushless motor. I believe we already have enough evidence that current brushless motors leave something to be desired in model trains and I'm not so sure that using your model as another test of that is such a hot idea.
                                                                                                                                                                  -- D

I hope Brian reaized I was being funny when I advised him to be the brushless tester  :)

briand2

Hi, I was hoping for a positive answer, doesn't anyone know where I can look for these brushes? The loco is (as written on the box)..5700 Class 0-6-0 OPT...There is also a label with...31-902A...57xx 5775 BR Plain Black Late Crest... any help to anyone that knows about things.  Brian

poliss

You might get some answers on a UK forum, such as the New Railway Modellers forum.