News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

I plan model railroads

Started by bnsfan, July 24, 2007, 02:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bnsfan

Hello, i am pretty new here, and i just wanted to let people know that if they need a model railroad planned for them i will do it for free. I plan the old fashoned way, with a pen and a ruler. My plans are very neat and well drawn. If you would like me to plan a model railroad for you, just reply to this thread with all the specs you would like. Such as layout room size, where the doors are in the room, do the doors swing in or out, how much space do the doors take up, whats the minimum radii you want, do you want a yard, a staging yard, how many industries/passenger stations, how wide would you like the aisles, are there any off limits area in the layout room? And pretty much any other spec you can think up. I can do any size. And remember its FREEEEEEEEEE. If you dont want to reply to this thread, then email me at Austin_White75@yahoo.com

thanks

bnsfan

SteamGene

Can you post some samples? 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

bevernie

Greetings!!  Where are you from? Please tell us a little about yourself. Are you retired, and have a lot of spare time?
                                                                                   THANX!!
                                                                                     Ernie
                                 ???                                           Hendersonville, NC
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

Guilford Guy

Heres some ones I did...
4x8 branch line with a lot of operation... "Becket Branch"  of the Deerfield & Hawley Railroad.

9x11 mainline and branch. It seems a tad clustered but was done for the MR contest. Pennsylvania Southern. There's a Small Yard where jobs are based out of as well as several industries including an autorack unloading area and an intermodal transload. 30"minimum dia. curves on the main and I believe 26" on the branch. LO= Lift out

Burlington Northern Cascade Div. 2x4, N scale, 1 square= 1 square inch.

5 right hand switches
5 left hand switches
1 Wye
Last time I counted it was 42 9 3/4" curves.
Helix is 2%
Alex

Paul M.

Guilford Guy...

You can draw much better than I can! I'm afraid I'm not very good at drawing diagrams of layouts. :D

PS- Your 9x11 isn't coming up. :-\

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Guilford Guy

Paul- Computer froze so rather than start over I used the keyboard to get to post and post it so I could edit it when it restarted.
Alex

rogertra

How about a more contemporary design style say in HO scale?

Room sized walk around. (No duck-unders except perhaps at the room entrance.  You can pick the room entrance.)

Point to point with hidden staging a through train design with through staging.  See below.

No continous run, unless you use through rather than stub staging.

30" minumum radius curves.

2-8-2s as the largest steam and or first generation diesels, mainly 40 foot cars and full length passenger cars.

Say for a 12 x 16 foot room.

bevernie

Is this a joke?"bnsfan"(0 previous posts) has not replied to any posts since starting this thread. Maybe he was bored, and wanted some conversation??    :-\                         ;D                                                  Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

jsmvmd

Dear Friends,

It's only been one day. Perhaps he is out of town or too busy to reply.

I, for one need some help along this line. 

I seem to recall bnsfan posting several months ago. Anyone concur?

Best Wishes,

Jack

Craig

QuoteIs this a joke?"bnsfan"(0 previous posts) has not replied to any posts since starting this thread.

You might have noticed that you are stuck at 36 posts, bevernie. EVERYBODY who joined or posted after the Bach-Man disabled the post tally feature has zero posts. The counter is off.

His post is ONE day old. Give him time to respond.

bnsfan

hello guys, i was gone last night, and let me explain myself, i am 14 years old, and yes i do have alot of free time on my hands, i have just designed a 20 x 20ft model railroad for someone on another forum. But unfortunatley i dont know how to post pictures since i am new here, can anyone help me with that?

thanks

bnsfmodeler

pdlethbridge

open a free account at photo bucket and download your pics and plans there. then you can url them here

bnsfan

will do i will post them later tonight, i have about 3-4 for that i will post.

Paul M.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Jake

Alright. Since I am having problems planning my own layout I'll give you a try. Don't worry about scenic features. I just need a center line plan. I need an HO scale 16x9 around the wall walk in. Continuous design, with two single ended yards. (Guilford Guy's 9x11 drawing gives a good Idea of what I'm talking about [see picture for a more clear explanation on the room]) One of each side of the room please. I don't mind Lift-Outs, but please, no duck-unders. My idea based in the southern Allegheny region (Think N&W & C&O, which are two Lines I plan to have interact with the AC&S) in about 1935-1940. 30" radius minimum. There is only one door. It is 34" long, swings into the room and the handle edge is 6' from the left wall.

And finally the picture.

Link to a larger one: http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u23/Vekoma_fan_boy/?action=view&current=ACS.jpg
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!