News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO 2-4-4 suggestion

Started by gunslinger473, July 23, 2007, 03:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunslinger473

Dear Mr. Bach Man, I have a locomotive sugestion for you. I have recently found some photos online of a very atractive 2-4-4 standard gauge locomotive. It is Engine #201 of the I.C.R.R. (Illinois Central Railroad.) I am quite atracted by this engine because its a Forny type that is standard gauge. She appears to be a Rogers Built locomotive due to the styling of her sand dome. Although she is a pre-20th century engine I think that this engine would make a great addition to the Bachmann Spectrum HO line. She's big enough to be a road engine and yet small enough for shortline service. I'm sorry I couldn't attach a picture of "201" but trust me she is a very atractive locomotive.
And lpease Mr. Bach Mann (and who ever else wants to) tell me your thaughts on this matter.

Yukonsam

Jake

Yes, I'd like to see that as well... Looks good for small mainline service, branch line service, and switching.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

gunslinger473

One other thing I forgot to mention is that originaly she had a large Dimond stack. The strait stack shown in the previous link is not the original. If Bachmann does make a model of this engine I think the original stack would be best.

John C

It is a pretty locomotive, and would be a great addition to Bachmann's smaller steam line in HO scale.  I suggest, however, that it be produced with both stacks and let the purchaser decide which to install.

Cheers!

John

gunslinger473

You know, thats a good idea. I'm surprised I didn't think of that.

P.S. Nice 4-4-0.