News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New items

Started by phillyreading, March 06, 2012, 12:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillyreading

How about a new caboose design?
Extended vision, steel sides or a bobber caboose, like Bachmann H.O. has.
Even large scale, 1:120 has three caboose designs!

More variety for passenger cars would be nice as well!  ;D
A double deck push/pull passenger car for metro areas.
More roadnames would be great!
Reading Company or Blue Mountain & Reading passenger service.
Even Florida East Coast Railway passenger cars, from 1964 and before.

Lee F.

LAN_MAN

I would like to see more monon painted engines and rolling stock
A-B-A would be very nice

phillyreading

Some new items I have seen on the Williams site are; a new handcar, Super Streets now E-Z Streets, and E-Z Street vehicles.

How about a two train transformer with whistle and direction? And possible, a lower voltage output switch for slow control of Williams engines.

Lee F.

DominicMazoch

KCS, CGW, and MKT in that red colour in F3's.  Three for one!

phillyreading

Just over at the H.O. side for a minute or two and seen an interesting announcement by Bachmann, No more Pennsy RR and no more large items; schnabel, small engines only.

Will that effect O gauge as well?

Lee F.

r0gruth

If it does affect O gauge it will affect my purchases since I am a Pennsy fan.
Also what is a small loco?I like Berkshires,Hudsons,Mikados,Pacifics,Mountains,Atlantics,Consolidations et al so what would be left?
Non scale size?Would this also apply to Diesels?Is this a way to close out the old Williams line?
I would not be happy.
Roger

phillyreading

Just re-read article at the H.O. site and I think the boys were having some April Foolery!!  >:(  They should have named it Tom Foolery! ::)

Roger, I am a small Pennsy fan as well, prefer Reading RR or Phila. & Reading RR, I like most PA RR's.

Lee F.

r0gruth

If it was a 4/1 joke I did not appreciate it.I take trains seriously[most of the time].

In no particular order,I have a preference for the following railroads;PRR,B&O,C&O,CSX and its predecessors and somehow W&LE.

I always wished that more railroads,especially Pennsy,had had more colorful paint schemes along the lines of KCS,ATSF,IC etc.
Roger

phillyreading

Large scale by Bachmann has three caboose designs; bobber, 8 wheel, and long caboose. Also in large scale is two versions of a gondola, dropside ends and regular.

Unless Bachmann is coming out with something very soon that is new and exciting in O gauge, I foresee people going to their competittors for O gauge products.
Plasticville is nice to have, tanker and now hopper car, but how about being able to buy two or more of each item in Plasticville roadnames?

Lee F.

r0gruth

There are still many WBB cars that I would buy if I could.
They do seem to add a few names now and then.
It seems to me that when they add something new they elimanate something old.
New products should be at least the same quality of older products.
The new 4-6-0 is IMHO a beautiful loco except for the lack of decent valve gear.
I also hope that WBB will not do strange things with pricing as another small importer has.
I mean small in O gauge.I know that Bachmann and the other I mentined are not small companies in model railroading.
Roger

M1FredQ

In the latest CLASSIC TRAINS magazine the feature article was on E Units!!!!

The color schemes of so many rail lines throughout the country were beautiful and thoughtfully done. I would be tempted to buy them for our layout for the fun of it.

What I have been learning of late is how much crossover occurred from time to time.

So many lines "appeared" around Chicago for a visit or whatever you can have a lot of fun mixing up the lines.

While I was in Florida last week I saw Florida East Coast and it has nice color schemes. I would buy a WBB

if they did a FEC. 

I seem to have a bias to rd PRR as of late as I learn more and more about them especially after finishing

a book on the PRR from the 1930' to the 1960's. Great book lots of pictures!!

Would love to see WBB put out a ATLANTIC Engine it pulled passenger cars. Must have been quite a powerful engine!!!!!!!

stationmaster12

What about a SD40-2!?!?!?? the new GP-30's are coming...yeah! How about scale modern freight cars a the great WBB price point! inter-modal cars, Modern boxcars, Tropicana Juice cars, modern coal hoppers, autorack cars. you know stuff like that. I'd rather get those kind of cars from WBB than the competition so long as they do not price them excessively high.
Keep God first in all that you do.

M1FredQ

i will add

pricing makes a BIG difference and because Bachmann has good pricing on

quality constructed products it has enabled me  to go ahead and purchase something

I may have wanted but stopped short becuz of the price

phillyreading

The new prices for Williams are going up just like everybody else.
E-Z Street vehicles; $78 or more.
Most AA diesel sets are over $300.
Peter Witt trolley close to $270.

I know inflation is hitting everybody, even me, so I will be more selective about new purchases due to price factors(dollar amount).

Lee F.

jrich52804

I would like to see an O scale model made of a Chinese QJ steam engine.