News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Turnouts

Started by renegade800, March 07, 2012, 06:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renegade800

I recently converted to DCC and I have a question about remote turnouts.  My layout is with Atlas flextrack and Atlas #4 and #6 turnouts.  All I have used in the past is remote snap switches and I want to replace the switches so I can control them using my Dynamis Controller.  The three brands I have seen are the Genuine Switchmaster, Circuitron 6000 The Tortoise Switch Machine and DCC Concepts Cobalt Turnout Motor and DCC Concepts Colbalt DCC Ready Turnout Motor.  Any advice on these would be appreciated.  I cant tell from what I have read is if any or all of these are ready to run on DCC or if additional equipment needs to make them that way such as a attachable decoder. 

Jim Banner

All three of these slow motion, stall motor switch machines can be controlled by DCC if you add an appropriate decoder.  DCC Concepts makes a decoder for their Cobalt Turnout Motor and it can also be used with Tortoise machines.  Digitrax makes stationary decoders that can handle multiple slow motion switch machines and some of these can also operate snap switches of any brand.

The only turnouts that I know of that have the decoders built in are the Bachmann ones.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.