Spectrum 4-4-0 conversion to Walt Disney's Lilly Belle.....

Started by vaderdentist, March 08, 2012, 12:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaderdentist

Converted a South Pacific Coast G scale Spectrum 4-4-0 to Walt Disney's Lilly Belle,  CP # 173  Now if only we could talk Bachmann into offering one permanently:  

Loco Bill Canelos

Very nice!!  How did you do the picture on the side of the headlight housing?
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

vaderdentist

I made a decal from a photo of the LB in Adobe Illustrator.  It's a water slide decal using Testors decal paper (white).   

Jon D. Miller

You have done a first rate job on that locomotive.  It sure looks great and no doubt will be a show case addition to your fleet. 8)

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

vaderdentist

Thanks Jon.  I am getting an acrylic cover to sit on the base.  :) 

vaderdentist

Here's the caboose in progress:  

and on the train display: 

norman

Hi there:

Excellent job on the conversion.
Perhaps you could also post your www.burnsland.com link documenting your excellent work on this model.

Unfortunately, Bachmann does not have the correct headlamp,nor stack, nor headlamp bracket.
But, Bachmann could add these parts to their mold inventory to produce a narrow gauge look alike to the standard gauge Central Pacific 173.
This CP173 model ( and the J&S coaches in green lettered DRGW ) are two examples of exicting new product which Bachmann could produce to excite us bored large scalers. Bring some excitement back to the Bachmann largescale product line at minimal new tooling investment for Bachmann.

Once again, great modelling effort.

Norman

vaderdentist

Got my green pinstripes in the mail today.......now the tender decor is finished.    Also finished the artwork for the caboose decals.   I printed these on plain paper for size correction and this is my final design for caboose #13.   

vaderdentist

Got the caboose decals applied.  Decided to replace plastic handrails with metal. 

vaderdentist

Nice weather today,  couldn't resist some good outdoor photos......

Kevin Strong

Very nice! The outdoor shots really show the colors nicely.

Later,

K