News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC advice

Started by hcopter51, March 08, 2012, 10:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcopter51

I hope I have not asked this before so please bear with me.....I have a 4x7 small HO layout and will run two consists at one time...Probably will not expand as most of my basement is taken up by S Gauge ......Have 3 Deisel loco's and a steam loco that are analog..... Should I even consider DCC? If so,which one would you folks advise given the info above? I would probably have decoders installed by someone in the above loco's.....What do you think?? Thanks in advance for your thoughts..... ;)
"KEEP THE WHEELS SPINNING"

Ken G Price

If you plan on having them run in circles, then DC analog will work just fine.
Since your S scale is most likely analog DC then you know what that is like.

Any layout with lots of switching and more then one operator benefits from DCC in my opinion.
I use DCC even though I am the only operator at this time.
It lets me easily switch from any engine to another any where on the layout with no thought as to if a power block is on or off.  ;D
Or if the engines on the same track and next to each other.
My opinion is from originally having DC on my first layout and knowing I did not want to do that again. Way to much work.  :o
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

uncbob

I have a simple 2 track oval
I wanted sound so I buy DCC/sound
Even though you get the sound on DC
I forked out the extra $$ for a DCC Controller NCE since it was a one time deal and the trains run better in DCC and you have control over the Whistle/Horn and bell etc