Possible Connection to Scouting?

Started by jonathan, March 10, 2012, 07:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan

Some time ago, a small group of us had a discussion about the possible connection between the Boy Scouts and Bachmann Trains.  Let me share this as a possibility:

Many of the MR clubs in our area, set up displays for an annual Boy Scout sponsored train show.  We fill most of the large spaces of a middle school with modular displays from Z scale to G Scale... even LEGO trains and Live Steam.

This is normally a fund raiser for Scouting in general.  This year was a fund raiser for the Tsunami victims in Japan, specifically Boy Scout Troop #2, none of whom now have a home to go back to.  Who knew there was Scouting in Japan?

Anyway, trains stuff is raffled off, 99% of which is brand new Bachmann items: EZ command systems, the new civil war train sets, various rolling stock; the list goes on.  I didn't ask, but I wonder if these goodies were directly donated from Bachmann.  Certainly there aren't many hobby shops from which to get this stuff.

So we are in the middle of a train show weekend, and I remembered our previous discussion.

Here's a few shots of some HO modules.  No offense to the other scales (their modular layouts were impressive), just didn't have time to shoot pics in the other rooms: