News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

turnouts

Started by wagonwest, March 10, 2012, 08:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wagonwest

how do you wire more than 1 turnouts with 1 controller?

the Bach-man

Dear WW,
Every turnout needs its own controller, but the individual controllers can be ganged together so that only the first in line need be wired to the AC terminals of your power pack/ speed control.
Have fun!
the Bacch-man

wagonwest

maybe i said this wrong, insted of how how many controllers, i mean how many power supplies do i need and how to hook it all up.

Jerrys HO

wagonwest

You can use one power supply as you will only be throwing one switch at a time. I have wired my #6 crossovers together so as the points line up when the loco is switching tracks and they are wired to one power supply.
This is the supply I used but any old power supply or walwart you have laying around will do with an output of  14 volts AC or DC give or take a volt or two at about .5 amps to 1 amp.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=209

Jerry

P.S.
I don't know if you checked but I answered your PM.

Doneldon

wagon-

In the event that you want to throw more than one turnout at a time, perhaps to line a series of turnouts so a train can enter or leave a yard with the push of only one button, a simple, single power source will not work alone. You'll probably want to use a capacitive discharge circuit. This is a small electronic circuit which stores power in a capacitor and releases an extremely short burst of power when you push the button. Such a circuit can throw 10 or more turnouts while keeping the application of power so brief that you don't risk burning out the electromagnets which operate most switch machines.
                                                                                                                                                                                   -- D