News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DC-DCC

Started by cats2287, March 11, 2012, 12:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cats2287

I have a locomotive that is DC-not DCC ready;this is an ANOLOG LOCOMOTIVE- that I want to be converted into DCC

Any Ideas?????

n-scale chesapeake & ohio

you will have to hardwire one in by soldering a decoder in the loco itself
models the C&O in 1945-55 happily in Canada :D

seadowns

Hi!

Ideas plenty but if you could be so kind and give some more information about the certain engine it would make it much easier!

Regards
Mathi

termite

Cats, there are several different engines (mostly Diesels) that can be run on DCC by simply changing the light board inside the Engine, others can easily be hardwired with any number of different decoders. We need more information, what type of engine, (GP-7, SD-9 etc) and who made it, we can give you much better advice.

Alan

cats2287

Well,thanks a lot for all the advice,but,my local hobby shop is doing it for me. Does anyone know if a Kato DCC engine is compatible with E-Z Command?

Ken G Price

Quote from: cats2287 on March 17, 2012, 06:53:11 AM
Well,thanks a lot for all the advice,but,my local hobby shop is doing it for me. Does anyone know if a Kato DCC engine is compatible with E-Z Command?

If it going to be DCC then yes it is. Though you will be very limited as to what you can do with it using the E-Z command. This will be true of all DCC equipped engines.
That Kato engine would have to been made over 10 years ago to not have a easy DCC replacement for the light board. If the shop puts a DCC board in to the space the DC light board was then you could have done that.as Allen stated.

Have Fun with DCC. ;D
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

cats2287

I am very, very sorry. I made type-o I meant a Kato DC engine