HELP! Need some advice about fitting a Tsunami into a Shay...

Started by NWHistory, March 13, 2012, 12:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWHistory

Greetings all,

I am curious if anyone here has had any luck fitting the TSU-1000 Light Logging into the Bachmann Shay? I have everything I need (TSU-1000, 1" speaker, On30 Shay) except the room in the tender to fit the electronics.  >:(

Has anyone figured out a way to fit everything into the Shay? I thought about just scratch building a small wood carrying second tender to pull directly behind the Shay, but if there is a way to make this work without that I am all ears.

Tips would be great, if you have installed this system and successfully hid it in the Say, photos would be even more appreciated!  :)

Dana

Steve Magee

I did, but I used the Tsunami Micro version of the Light Logger. With that it went together easily - even the stay alive capacitor fitted (after I put the first one in backward and wondered what the loud bang was :-) )

Steve Magee
Newcastle NSW Aust

slack

I also used the 750 Tsunami it has the same features as the 1000,but a less amp load for the motor. It will run  the shay just fine. I did however had to extend the coal bunker up above the decoder.