News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Cheap DCC Engines

Started by Wippen, March 14, 2012, 08:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wippen

Hi everybody,

I am a new DCC user and i want to know where the cheapest place to purchase DCC ready engines.  ::)

mhampton

First I need to make a distinction in terminology.  "DCC Ready" means that the loco does not have a decoder in it, but installing one is pretty much a plug-and-play operation.  "DCC Equipped" means that the loco comes with the decoder installed at the factory.  Either way, the first place I would look is modeltrainstuff.com.  The Favorite Spot is a good place to look, too, especially for Bachmann products.  There are plenty of other excellent online retailers, too.

n-scale chesapeake & ohio

i strongly recommend modeltrainstuff as well the prices are exellent on most products. eg. spectrum 2-10-2 dcc equip. , 3 microtrains heavy weight sleepers ,odservation car , woodland scenics crates atlas ne-6 caboose and decals for under $280 with shipping to Canada.
models the C&O in 1945-55 happily in Canada :D

Ken G Price

While there are many cheap engines I think you mean inexpensive engines that run good.
And that can be easily converted to DCC.
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

cats2287

I would have to say hobbylinc.com. It has discounts up to 40% off!!!!!

Zman2000

I bought a DCC ready locomotive from The Favorite Spot, a seller on Amazon.  They have great prices and it came in only two days with out spending extra money on shipping.