Very first sound installation - Success!

Started by napa15, March 14, 2012, 10:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

napa15

Just thought I'd share the results of my very first sound install. Really, it's my first install of anything at all of this type of thing. I haven't even done a DCC install on a DC loco yet (though that's coming down the road).

Anyway, much thanks to Jonathan for his thread which was the only reason this was a success for me. I would really love to see more threads like that showing installs with pictures/videos and descriptions of the steps for different types of locos. I can't begin to describe how much help they are to the beginner and inexperienced modeler.

Anyway, here is a video I shot shortly after the install. Nothing fancy or prototypical.. just some fun, enjoy:

http://vimeo.com/38481117

jonathan

Congrats!  I was holding my breath, until the loco started to move.  :)

Regards,

Jonathan

skooksteve

Good job! Makes me want to start thinking about sound.
Steve from Corvallis, Oregon

napa15

I am very much a rookie when it comes to this DCC stuff, as I think is evidenced by my thread here. So, I wanted to update it because I had another first tonight, which was a result of the sound installation.

So, I realized today that I had a spare DCC decoder now just taking up space. All of my other engines are DC. The only DCC is the Berk, which I just added the Tsunami to. Not only that, none of the other DC engine are even DCC ready. And, many of them are of the Bachmann Thomas line. I remembered so posts in the Thomas and Friends section with some links to some DCC installs to some of the Bachmann Thomas line of engines, so I decided that would be a good project for the evening.

Long story short is that my Bachmann HO Spencer is now DCC equipped (with the stock DCC decoder that came out of the Berk), and I got a cool lesson in DCC hard wiring. So.. up to 2 DCC equipped engines on the layout. Hey, it's a start.  ;D

Just know that there is a lot of valuable information that you forum members (and Bachmann Admin) share/provide here that help rookies like me figure things out that are otherwise not so straight forward.. and it is greatly appreciated.

Bucksco