News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Lost

Started by Lucas1969, July 26, 2007, 07:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucas1969

Hello, yesterday during a short circuit i lost an engine, my dcc controler did not see it, i try to reprogram and nothing, i try to use it with analogue systeme and it's work but since the sort.. it refuse to work on dcc,

wath's wrong with this engine .......

Luc :-[

Jake

The decoder is probably messed up. You *probably* need to get a new one. Those short circuits do a heck of a job on decoders. But before you buy a new one, take a decoder from another engine and see if it works. If it does it is the decoder and you can invest a few Euros in a new one. If it doesn't, then the problem is with your engine. Speaking of which, what type of engine was it? (Brand, Steam, Diesel, ect.)
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

cmgn9712

Probably just needs a resset. Do you know how to do this?

Lucas1969

It's an FT unit from bachmann with dcc on board and no i don't know how make an reset (i used bachmann ez command)

Luc

WoundedBear

The one B-Mann loco I have that is "DCC On Board" has it's decoder (44913) hard wired in. Swapping decoders may not be an easy job on this one of Luc's.

Luc....when on DCC, can you get the headlight to work? I take it she runs fine on DC? Unfortunately, the EZC from Bmann is not capable of resetting the decoders. Have you got any friends or a club nearby that have a more sophisticated DCC system? Perhaps they could attempt a reset for you.

BTW.....I still think it's crazy that the EZC cannot at least reset Bmann decoders.

If your loco is indeed hardwired, and not an 8 pin plug, then you may have to send her in for warranty.

Sid

Lucas1969

No, on DCC no light it's like the control see nothing on rail, but on DC all work.

Luc

Beatle (TrainBrain)

Is it MTH's K4? If it is, try Loco #3.

Internet All-Beatles radio: http://beatlesarama.com
All you need is love and trains
Ringo Starr: 6/28/08
SC&NY Status: Drawing board, but getting closer!
-Chris