News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

locomotive compatibility

Started by fish_man101, April 01, 2012, 10:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fish_man101

What Bachmann locomotive is compatible with tender #89832 (DCC)?

Thanks

bobwrgt

The easy way to swap tenders is to take the circuit board from the old tender and put it in the new tender. Thay way you know all the wires and electronics will work.

The 89832 comes with a wire harness between engine and tender but it may not match the engine you are going to use it with. Swap the boards is safe.

The long tender was used with the 2-6-6-2, 2-10-2  and 4-8-2 Heavy Mountain from the factory.

Bob

M1FredQ

Does Williams /Bachmann sell just tenders??

I have a 1951 Hudson I inherited from my Dad but I would like to get a tender that has the new
rail sounds

phillyreading

Quote from: M1FredQ on April 01, 2012, 09:33:13 PM
Does Williams /Bachmann sell just tenders??

I have a 1951 Hudson I inherited from my Dad but I would like to get a tender that has the new
rail sounds

Williams used to sell a separate sale tender, but it was for an S-2 Pennsy locomotive in O gauge. No other separate sale tenders that I know of.

Lee F.

electrical whiz kid

Getting either a 6+6 wheel tender or a centipede, which the New York Central did use on it's J-3 Hudsons.  AHM-Rivarossi had one for it's Hudsons.  You may find one at one of the train shows. 
My approach to DCC  is usually go through Tonys trains, get a Tsunami, and just go wire for wire as per "textbook wiring"; this way you are taking it right back to the basic wiring.  I just picked up three 2-6-0s and will check them out as soon as I get my new layout (and me) into construction mode......
Don't forget to check the headlight; is it a bulb or aLED...
Rich