News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Im new "to everything" many ?????s

Started by DVAN48, March 16, 2012, 02:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVAN48

Hi. Like i said im new to everything. i just bought the scenic ridge sets "all 3 kits" and i dont like the atlas track, i want to convert it to EZ TRACK. does anyone know if they have an EZ TRACK pac set that matches or is equal to the atlas trac-pak or do they have all the same track in the same sizes? I would also appreciate any added advice? Thanks.

mhampton

Does the Scenic Ridge use 9.75" radius curve track?  If so, you're out of luck because the tightest curve available with EZ Track is 11.25".

DVAN48

Yes it does. Great :-\ >:( I was hoping to be able to make it work. But thanks.

Franz T

Another option would be just to use the Atlas turnouts (switches) and use flextrack (either Atlas or Peco) in place of the sectional track pieces. Properly laid and ballasted flextrack not only looks better than EZ track but also is a LOT better as far as smooth running is concerned.....

axle17921

you would probrably have to use hot glue to fasten the roadbed down on account of the scenic ridge pack using foam risers.  I would think that using track nails to hold flex track down on foam would be tricky.  Kato unitrack might work, but they measure their radius in 15, 30, and 45 degrees at different lengths

Franz T

You don't need hot glue and you most certainly do not need track nails. In fact, track nails are the one item you definitely don't want to use EVER. Just go to your local office supply store and get you a box or two of Jumbo Push Pins, the kind you use on a bulletin board. Use white glue (Elmers or equivalent) to glue your roadbed to the risers, holding it in place with the push pins for 24 hours until the glue dries. Lay out your flex track and glue that to the road bed, again using the white glue/push pin method. When everything is dry, ballast the track and you end up with realistic looking track and roadbed and not with something that looks like it belongs to a train set...