News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bachmann analog

Started by Franko1, March 14, 2012, 09:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko1

I currently have an outdoor set up. Would like to add sound and am considering Bachmann Steam Loco Analog. Does this require any other equipment besides the engine and tender, ie track magnets or special transformer? Or does the sound simply play when the power via track is on? This is probably simple but I'm new to it. Thanks

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Franko,
I am not sure if you are referring to the 4-6-0, so this is what I know.
The Bachamnn Big Hauler 4-6-0 and Anniversary 4-6-0 are equipped with a chuff chuff sound but have no bell or whistle.  There are no magnets or special equipment needed.  The chuff is produced by an onboard chuff sensor on the rear driving wheel.  A 9 volt battery is needed in the tender to power the sound.  The sound itself was not meant to be high end, but a low cost way to get some sound.  It is definitely better than no sound at all.  There also are other companies who make add on sound with bell and whistle for $80 to $90, which are fairly easy to install. 

If you are referring to a different Bachmann locomotive please let us know.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Franko1

that answers my question. As I said I'm new to some of this and wasn't sure how Bachmann got the chug working and if it required additional equip. Thanks again