News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-8-4 J

Started by RGW, March 24, 2012, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGW

The Bachmann   is there a replacment wire harness the connects 6 wires between the engine and tender for the 4-8-4 J maybe from some of the newer DCC engines,the varnish coated wire on the Js are very fragile and I need to replace them but would like a better wire to use. It is a lot of work solder new wires in those tiny and close connections. 

Thanks RGW

seadowns

Hi!

The only problems I had whatsoever was with the wiring in my 4-8-4 Js and the Heavy Mountains as well.
These tiny wires shorted out in every curve and I was thinking about replacement harness. Almost impossible to get by such thin wires I decided to insulate the wires again.
I grabbed one of my wifes unused bottles of nail enamel and coated the wires one by one with this stuff, peculiar where they are bended and got in contact to the frame.
Since I did this I never had a short and so I claim that this problem was solved!

Regards
Mathi

RGW

My wire had broke and some frayed I had disasemble the engine for some painting and it is necesary to pull the wires.I replace all 6 wire with some very flexable and thin hobby wires.

the Bach-man

Dear RGW,
Give service a call on Monday. They'll be able to help.
Have fun!
the Bach-man