Simple question from a newbee on Bachmann E-Z track terminal

Started by psuinmi, March 27, 2012, 10:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psuinmi

Sure this has been asked here before, but I did a search and cannot find it. The are two electrical terminals on the power/rerailer terminal. My question is, what rail (inner or outer) do each terminal connect to?

VidGuy069

If I understand your question correctly, the answer is,'it doesn't matter'.  There are connectors on bothsides of the terminal rerailer so that you can connect power to it from either side.  To suit your layout.

If this was helpful, Then enjoy, Else, write back with a bit more detail.
Shoot.  Gotta stop writing comments in code.

VidGuy069
Courage is being the only one who knows you're afraid.

Joe323

If the train is'nt running in direction you like (I assume this is DC layout just pull the plug out from the rerailer and reverse it.

psuinmi

I want to use a combination of power terminal and jumper wires to power my layout.  In order to connect the jumper wires to the correct rails I need to know which rail is power by which terminal...right(?).

JerryB

I'm not certain what you are trying to accomplish, but to determine what goes where, just use the continuity or resistance function on your multimeter.

If you don't already have a multimeter, they are available for less than $10 at places like Harbor Freight. See one for ~$5 here:

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-function-digital-multimeter-90899.html

A multimeter is one of the primary tools for both construction and trouble shooting on any model railroad.

Hope this helps & Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

NarrowMinded

This is a round about way to test and get your wiring straight if you don't have a meter.

With out connecting your track together place your feeder tracks in the position they are going to be in on your layout, again don't connect the tracks together yet

Next plug your power supply in to the first feed track.

Place a loco on the first track and note the direction it moves when you turn the throttle up.

Next plug a jumper into the first track and into the second feeder, again place the loco on the next feed track and apply power, if it moves in the correct direction then mark the feed track and the jumper, if it moves in the wrong direction unplug the jumper from that track and just flip it over and plug it back in, then test it, if it moves in the correct direction mark it and move on to the next.

once you have all the jumpers and feeders tested you can connect all your track to the feed tracks.

NM-Jeff