News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

WYE track wiring

Started by datasys, March 19, 2012, 09:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

datasys

i have built a nice track layout which has a wye section of track that is giving me headaches.  the track layout is moderately complex however it boils down to two complex ovals which start and end in this why section.  i would include a full diagram and photos but this system says that the file size of 120kbytes is too large.  i need help in figuring out how to wire this so my dcc trains run without shorting out my prodigy advance 2.  i am using strictly bachmann EZ-track with their left and right turnout switches (NON-DCC).  everything works just fine until the train comes into the wye area.  all of my switches are controlled by LS-150 units by LENZ, and i have set up the prodigy to use routes to automatically activate the proper switches timed to keep from overloading the LS-150 or the ac power supply they are attached to.  My layout is shaped in l configuration measuring 12' x 8' and 8' x 5'.  At present it is set up on my living room floor but i plan to build a table for it BUT not until this problem is fixed in case i should have to get rid of the wye. the wye area i formed is about 5' x 4'.  i can provide photos or drawings if you provide me with where to send them.  BUT maybe a better solution for the files question would be if the problem with the website file size would be addressed.

thank you!

Jim Banner

A wye, like a return loop, requires an automatic reverser or other means to reverse the polarity.  If you want to show a photo or diagram (in .jpg form) of your layout, your best bet is to upload it to photobucket or similar photo site and post a link to it.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.