U36B diesel set Bachmann train set.

Started by Shane ellery, March 20, 2012, 07:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane ellery

I've recently got a U36B diesel set Bachmann train set.
I don't know anything about trains, I am writing to you for some information regarding this set.
I would like to know how old the train set is and if it's worth restoring.

I will be awaiting your reply.

jward

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

bobwrgt

Go to ebay.com and do a search for Bachmann train set and you will see what they are selling for.

Bob

phillyreading

Depends what is missing or broken, if the set is worth restoring. If it's not worth much, just use it yourself or for use it for some of your children.
Not all sets are worth much, or will you get much if you sell them, just because they are older.

Lee F.

Doneldon

Shane-

The problem is that older models, particularly in train sets, weren't very high quality and didn't have the detail which is common on current merchandise. In short, they have nothing to recommend them. That old trains are worth a lot of money is mainly a myth. There are a few, very few, exceptions, but actually valuable old trains are rare ones which were highly desirable when new and which are presently in outstanding to new condition, in their original packaging which is also like new. And like new means just that; even minimal evidence of use can dramatically reduce value. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I'm afraid this is the way things are.
                           -- D