News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Using a multimeter

Started by richg, March 25, 2012, 09:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richg

Here is a link to a search page about using a multimeter that might help some.

http://privatelee.qrobe.it/search/?q=do+a+current+check+with+meter

Store the links that you like in Favorites for yourself and to give to others.

Rich

electrical whiz kid

Multimeters are a very useful tool in this hobby.  Out of experience in my trade (electrician), I have used one a lot, and got pretty comfortable with it.  Do, however, make sure you read the literature that would come with a new unit, and use it as it was designed to be used.  Common sense and paying attention go a long way here.
Rich

richg

Quote from: electrical whiz kid on March 25, 2012, 01:04:57 PM
Multimeters are a very useful tool in this hobby.  Out of experience in my trade (electrician), I have used one a lot, and got pretty comfortable with it.  Do, however, make sure you read the literature that would come with a new unit, and use it as it was designed to be used.  Common sense and paying attention go a long way here.
Rich

Reading and following the instructions can be an issue for the Male Species. lol

Rich

electrical whiz kid

jsmvmd

Dear Rich,

The Male manual is pretty simple:  Listen to Waylon Jennings'  "Put Another Log on the Fire."

Female Manual is bigger than the Tax Code.

Best Wishes,

Jack

richg

Quote from: jsmvmd on March 26, 2012, 11:54:01 AM
Dear Rich,

The Male manual is pretty simple:  Listen to Waylon Jennings'  "Put Another Log on the Fire."

Female Manual is bigger than the Tax Code.

Best Wishes,

Jack

The female manual is unwritten. lol

Been married twice and know how to put the toilet seat down, plus house broken. Dating a woman now so experience counts.

Rich