News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HEISLER ?? ANY INFO??

Started by Stevelewis, April 01, 2012, 04:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevelewis

Is there  are  updated information  as to  when  the  Heisler  will eventually  be  available?

It all seems to have gone  very  quiet on here.

The Bachmann  website  here in the UK  lists  it  as  'Out  of Stock'
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

mabloodhound

I spoke with a vendor this weekend who sells many On30 locos and is also a good friend with Mr. Riley.   He said to not expect any of the Heislers until July or later.   It will take all of that time just to get the shipment across the waters from China and we don't even know if the problem has been corrected yet.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

Stevelewis

Thanks  Dave,

My retailer  here in the  UK ( www.tower-models.com)   said much  the  same, they were told to expect  them    mid  February  and  they updated  their  website,  next  day Bachmann UK, came back  with the  news that  the  shipment had  gone  back to  China, but no info was  forthcoming  as  to  what  the  problem  was.
It  would be  interesting  to  know  what  the  problem  is/was!
Steve

mabloodhound

I do know that the problem WAS NOT in the gears.   It was something else, maybe more cosmetic.   Allegedly, the first ones over ran very well, just not up to Bachmann standards.   So they all were sent back.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

darryl1936

Like I said long long ago, "I'm not going to hold my breath" till they arrive. Same story years later.. 

I just have one engine that is running as one more has gear issues.  Bought these engines years ago and open one when the previous one died.  Can't send in the paperwork as who keeps the receipts for many years ?  But I can and will use NWSL to fix the dead engines so not all is lost.

The old fardt inHawaii

Royce Wilson

I have several of the moguls that I bought in 1998 when they came out and they are still running with no problems.
I need to take a look see at the new Bachmann HO 2-6-0 for a possible bash.
I do have a shay that quit and is in the bone yard though.

Royce

Stevelewis

I  first  bought  Bachmann 0n30  as soon as they  became  available MANY years  ago, since then I  have purchased  around   35 locos  covering  ALL types that they have manufactured, but the majority have been Shays & Climaxes,  I dont still  own all of them  having  sold a lot of them, but the sales were  90% to friends of mine, so I still 'know' the locos.

None of  the locos  has ever suffered  any GEAR problems,  I know that 2 or 3 have had new motors fitted as hte originals  wore out!!

I discussed this often mentioned 'Gear Problem' with my main Bachmann 0n30 retailer who I have known for over 30 years, he told me  that  as far as he is concerned  it has never been a problem with the locos he has  sold over the years.

Royce Wilson

My shay has quit running due to motor burn out and needs replacing,its my fault.

Royce

RGS Goose

DEAR MR. BACH-MAN,
While the Heislers are apparently back at the factory to sort out whatever the problem is with them, would it be possible for Bachmann to arrange to supply some of these locos with the DCC Sound decoder already fitted, as you have with many of the other locos.
Splitting the cost of the loco and decoder won't make it look any cheaper to those of us that want sound, and I believe it could be slightly cheaper to have the decoders factory fitted, as it would save extra packaging, etc for the decoders.
It would also save those of us in far flung places a second lot of shipping costs to get the decoder seperately.
I would like to hear your thoughts on this please.
Regards to all,
RGS Goose.

the Bach-man

Dear Goose,
The sound module is a simple press fit, and your dealer should be able to ship it with the loco. It will easily fit into the box, so there should be no difference in shipping.
Never-the-less, I will forward your suggestion.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Stevelewis

As a long time user  of  Bachmann 0n30  I feel it   an excellent  idea  for  the  Heislers to be  suplied only in 1 format  ie  DCC  on board, with  the  option  to   fit  a  sound  decoder  if the  end  user  wants   sound!

It means that   retailers  will  have less stock to carry  , which means they will have less of their capital tied up,

I geuss  that  this  will become  the  'norm'  for   all future releases?

Royce Wilson

Mr. Bachmann, can you pleeeeeeeeeease post some more photos of the new Heisler.pretty,pretty please ;D
anticipation is just getting to most of us.

Royce