William's train availability

Started by johnt175, April 02, 2012, 03:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnt175

When William's advertised the ten wheeler in 2011, it got great reviews from Classic Toy Trains magazine. Makes me want to buy one right now. How often does William's get new locomotives in stock? Thank you for the response.

phillyreading

For availability try Train World or Ma & Pa Junction on the internet, as they handle large quantity of train items and may have what you want in stock, and at a better price.

Lee F.

Johnson Bar Jeff

There are also lots of listings for the ten-wheeler on eBay in all the road names offered. That's where I got mine.

phillyreading

Be careful with "ebay"! Know exactly what the item is that you are buying, I have bought some stuff that was supposed to be H.O. (for my smaller layout) and it was O gauge. I got a great bargain on a Williams SD-45 on ebay, so I can only say be careful and re-read the item's description, and then bid.
Personally I use www.choochooauctions.com

Lee F.

johnt175

I checked at train world and found new locomotives. Did you know Wiliam's is making a mikado?

Matt

The mikado has been officially cancelled by WBB. There was  a post from them about this a while back. I don't think Trainworld updated their site.

Matt

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: phillyreading on April 05, 2012, 05:15:42 PM
Be careful with "ebay"! Know exactly what the item is that you are buying, I have bought some stuff that was supposed to be H.O. (for my smaller layout) and it was O gauge.

Sure enough! It behooves you to know what you are buying because when you have something listed by someone who bought it at an estate sale, the seller may have no idea what he's selling!

tsched

I've had good success on eBay.  besides, reputable hobby shops from across the country who also have online stores, also sell items on eBay.  take a look at Mario's Trains.  highly reputable dealer and I've purchased several items from him.  he's got several of the Baldwin steamers listed right now, at a good price with free shipping.

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: tsched on April 15, 2012, 10:32:13 PM
I've had good success on eBay.  besides, reputable hobby shops from across the country who also have online stores, also sell items on eBay.  take a look at Mario's Trains.  highly reputable dealer and I've purchased several items from him.  he's got several of the Baldwin steamers listed right now, at a good price with free shipping.

That's where I got my 4-6-0. I was happy with the transaction. Seems like a good place to deal with.  :)

dkmoss

WBB is Williams Before Bachmann.  That is just what everyone abbreviates it as. :)

phillyreading

Quote from: johnt175 on April 17, 2012, 08:19:30 PM
Who is WBB?

WBB is Williams by Bachmann. Most people speak of Williams, when Jerry Williams still owned the company, and WBB is known as Williams by Bachmann, at least over on CTT.
If I am wrong in my assumption, either 3Rail or Yardmaster can step in to tell me so.

Lee F.