News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas and friends: ReBorn!

Started by Shawn, April 05, 2012, 09:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

I am starting a series, a year and a half from now, called Thomas and Friends: ReBorn!  It is taking Thomas back to its roots, but with new age characters thrown in,  and I want it to be a team effort. so I need:

- script writers are all taken
-The least number of voice actors possible. I will explain that later

The characters that will speak in series 1 are:

Thomas
Henry
Gordon
James
Percy
Spencer
Donald and Douglas
Diesel
Dart
Murdoch
Mavis
Sir Topham Hatt

I need the least amount of actors to keep it simple.  please audition for more than one character

then for one episode:
Skarloey-grrrr! I am doing him!
Rheneas
Peter Sam
Sir Handel
Rusty

I would like these characters to sound more or less like their CGI counterparts.

I hope this sounds good.  It will be a long time in the pipeline.

Important bits.

If you want to be a script writer,  send me a sample within the next week, so I can decide.

Voice actors I don't need as quickly.

I know this was very vauge, so if you have any questions, ask below!

PM script samples to me on this forum.

have fun!

SPT

PasqualeCS96

Can you explain why you need limited voice actors? And why a year and a half from now?

Calebtrain

I will try for script writer. If you give me about a two weeks per script. I have to write for my own series! Can I send you a sample of the script for the first upcoming episode of my series as an example of what kind of writing I do? Edward doesn't speak?  :-\ He's my favorite character!
Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on April 06, 2012, 01:41:58 PM
Can you explain why you need limited voice actors? And why a year and a half from now?
He said it was to keep it simple. And probably a year and a half to prepare for the start. Maybe finish a layout/set, collect some more engines, coaches, and freight cars. That's my guess.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Shawn

Sure Caleb,  are you able to write for narrow gauge engines?  The reason I needed the scripts so soon is so I know what to buy.
Quote from: Calebtrain on April 06, 2012, 02:20:57 PM
I will try for script writer. If you give me about a two weeks per script. I have to write for my own series! Can I send you a sample of the script for the first upcoming episode of my series as an example of what kind of writing I do? Edward doesn't speak?  :-\ He's my favorite character!
He said it was to keep it simple. And probably a year and a half to prepare for the start. Maybe finish a layout/set, collect some more engines, coaches, and freight cars. That's my guess.

You are on the ball!  Maybe I could get Edward to speak.   Just cos he is your fav!

Anthony P2

i might be able to write a script and/or supply voices. does it matter if they're UK voices? i find them easier to do. i might be able supply the voices for Percy, Henry, Skarloey, Rheneas, Peter Sam, Dart, and if you want i can also do Toby and Edward.

Shawn

Quote from: Anthony P2 on April 06, 2012, 03:34:18 PM
i might be able to write a script and/or supply voices. does it matter if they're UK voices? i find them easier to do. i might be able supply the voices for Percy, Henry, Skarloey, Rheneas, Peter Sam, Dart, and if you want i can also do Toby and Edward.

That is JUST what I wanted to read!  That would be awesome!  I like the UK voices better!  Send me samples of script and voices and I can make a choice.  Good Luck!

Calebtrain

Quote from: hornbyfan on April 06, 2012, 02:27:10 PM
  Sure Caleb,  are you able to write for narrow gauge engines?  The reason I needed the scripts so soon is so I know what to buy.
Quote from: Calebtrain on April 06, 2012, 02:20:57 PM
I will try for script writer. If you give me about a two weeks per script. I have to write for my own series! Can I send you a sample of the script for the first upcoming episode of my series as an example of what kind of writing I do? Edward doesn't speak?  :-\ He's my favorite character!

You are on the ball!  Maybe I could get Edward to speak.   Just cos he is your fav!
Great! Yes, I am able to write for NG engines. But I will send you the script for my upcoming episode just because I've already written it.  :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

panniertankboy8751

Sounds like an awesome idea you have there. Would it  matter if the voices had a "fake but not horrible" accent?

Shawn

Quote from: panniertankboy8751 on April 10, 2012, 02:42:54 PM
Sounds like an awesome idea you have there. Would it  matter if the voices had a "fake but not horrible" accent?

Sure! What characters would you voice?

panniertankboy8751

I probably could do James and Gordon, but it really depends. My schedule does't really leave me anytime to do much, but I could defiantly fit this in.

Shawn

Quote from: panniertankboy8751 on April 10, 2012, 03:35:45 PM
I probably could do James and Gordon, but it really depends. My schedule does't really leave me anytime to do much, but I could defiantly fit this in.

Awesome!  Keep in touch ;)

Shawn

Sorry for double posting (I don't see what's wrong with it tho) but here's a video I made, and if you watch, you are duty bound to leave a comment or feedback!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQc_MYa8pAE
and warning! there is a loud whistle at the end!  I know this is not as good as Christian's but I hope you like it!

jettrainfan

After a few cans of barqs root beer an hour of pink Floyd and some internet searching on British train life. I can give ya some good written Ideas easy. don't even need the root beer even though it gives me a boost...

(Plain and simple answer: I can write really creative stuff about the railroad world.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

Shawn

Sounds great!  Caleb will write three, probably (cos he is my favourate ::))
But send me a sample script on this forum. Good luck!

jettrainfan

No problem, i need something to do while i face the road blocks of my series (gots half his lines in so far). So do you want in a private message or public?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account