News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Alco 2-6-0 sound help

Started by bogey, April 09, 2012, 04:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogey

Hi guys,
I recently purchased the 2-6-0. My first sound equipped loco. Great for me. However I have lost the "blower" sound. Whistle, bell, compressor sounds there, but some how lost blower?
I use the NCE DCC. It was working fine when pressing 4 on power cab.
I tried to reprogram using the dcc fact sheet for the loco but no luck.
Should I try a factory reset? If so how?
Help please!!!

Bogey

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

That would be the logical path and as far as how, just reset CV 8 to a value of 8 then unplug the power supply wait a few seconds and plug it back in. If the sound doesn't turn on right away, it worked. If the sounds activated right away, try again.

bogey

Thanks very much. Will try do.

richg

Quote from: MilwaukeeRoadfan261 on April 09, 2012, 04:38:14 PM
That would be the logical path and as far as how, just reset CV 8 to a value of 8 then unplug the power supply wait a few seconds and plug it back in. If the sound doesn't turn on right away, it worked. If the sounds activated right away, try again.

I use the NCE Power Cab and the reset has always worked for me. Powering down the Cab and powering back up is important.

Rich

bogey

Thanks guys. All sorted.Blower sound is back!!

One more thing.
I notice on the decoder specs sheet for this loco that they list a speed table within the range of values CV67-94. I had a look at this and made some adjustments.
I have put a good slow speed on the loco, really sounds great.
However now the chuff rate is quite a bit out of sync? The default value is on 39.
Is there perhaps a speed vs chuff rate value table that can help with synchronizing of the chuff rate and speed?  Or is it a matter of trial and error?

Hope this makes sense.