E-Z Track System Auto Reversing Complete System 44547

Started by New2This, April 10, 2012, 12:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

New2This

Before I buy some things that won't work for me, Can anyone tell me if the Bachmann BAC46210 Gandy Dancer will work on the Bachmann 44547 auto revering system?  Thanks. 

richg

Look up both in the product information page. To me, this will work. Read the specs for each item.

Rich

New2This

Thanks Rich,

I have looked at the product information page and there is not a lot to go on there.  What concerns me is this line that I found from an ad for the reversing system on eBay. 

Any HO or On30 scale DCC Installed/On Board Trolley or Locomotive will run on this system!

I'm not sure if this says any HO will work, or is it saying it has to have DCC installed? 

the Bach-man

Len

The 44547 is a DC, not DCC, based system. As long as a DCC equiped loco or trolley is set to default to DC operation if it doesn't detect a DCC signal, it will work find on this system.

If you want to use regular EZ-Track, there are several manufacturers that make reversing modules that provide the same type of back-and-forth operation. They usually require adding an insulated joiner between the 'main' and a short section of track at each end. Some also require adding a diode across the gap at each end. This all appears to be built in to the 44547.

And I wish they had called this a "Stop and Go Reversing System", instead of "Auto Reversing System". It adds a potential confusion factor to the mix, since an "Auto Reversing" module usually refers to a device that automatically flips the polarity coming out of a reverse loop on a DC or DCC layout.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.