News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

An older 0-6-0 loco

Started by Ron Zee, April 11, 2012, 04:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Zee

Okay, e-bay strikes again. I got me an 0-6-0 locomotive that has Bachmann on the bottom. The tender uses a draw bar that is not electrically connecteted to the locomotive. The tender also has no pick ups on it. The weight in the loco is one peice, it does not split in two. The motor seems to have a plastic outside. All three sets of drivers are geared to the motor.

Everything seems fine except the motor. Where in the world do I find as part number for it? Or, what other motor might go in it?

skipgear

I think that is the one version that you are pretty much screwed with. All versions after that used basically the same motor. That one is unique and not used in any current models.

Look here - http://www.visi.com/~spookshow/bach262.html

If it is one of the first two, you are out of luck.

These loco's are inexpensive enough new, there is no reason to go looking at used ones and the current release versions run so much better than the older ones.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

Ron Zee

Well, it only cost a little so I thought "what the heck?". Anyhow, it looks like with a little work, a newer motor from a busted loco I have will fit. Thanks for the reply.

James in FL

Those old lokies can be a lot of fun to tinker with.
Hope you find something that will fit.
If you want to keep it running then see if you can find a donor loco or it maybe it becomes one.
If you don't, they make good fodder for the parts box.
The new ones run great.

Good luck