Replacement pads for Bachmann HO track cleaning cars.

Started by geoff, April 12, 2012, 09:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoff

I had one of these out of the box and in my hand yesterday at my locol hobby shop. I liked it, and although the detail is quite marginal, the cleaning pad is made out of a material that looks as though would no a nice job wet or dry. When I asked about replacement pads, I was told there are non available!

The price was reduced to about $30.00 ($37.95 MSRP) which I must say is a bit steep for what you are getting! Non the less, I would have bought one, if there had been replacement pads (as per the Walthers car)

Can anyone shed any light on the availability of replacment pads for the Bachmann track cleaning tank car!

Thanks,
Geoff

Jerrys HO

geoff

I own one myself and there are no replacement pads available as of now.
Here is a post done a while back.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,16705.0.html

Jerry

Pacific Northern

I did run the pads throught a cleaning cycle on the dishwasher and the pads came out like new. They were really full of dirt, it was caked on where the pads meet the track. The pads were not loose when they came out I did forget to take them out before the heat cycle so they went the whole cycle.

I use a small amount of ignition electrical spray on a cloth and rub lightly the top of all the tracks on my layout, it only takes about 10 minutes. I then run a couple of the Bachmann cleaning cars with dry pads for about 5 minutes. A cleaning lasts a couple of months minimum.
Pacific Northern

ebtbob

I do not doubt that the pads will get clean when run thru a diswasher,  but if you have to stop in the middle of cleaning track and there is not enough dirty dishes to warrent the running of the dishwasher,  then what do you do?   I, for one, take a Peco track cleaning block and light rub the areas with the track dirt.   I cannot and will not wait to use the dishwasher!! I think Bachmann is missing a great customer service opportunity by not offering replacement pads.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Jerrys HO

Thank you Yardmaster for the update. This is very good news. Thank you Bachmann for listening to us, it does not go unnoticed.
Please keep us informed as when they will be released.

One happy customer..
Jerry