News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Dynamis Issue

Started by esobieski, April 16, 2012, 07:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esobieski

Hi. I own a bachmann dynamis and i'm trying to get my broadway limited t-1 to run on my track with the dynamis. I get the sounds to work on the engine but the engine will not move at all. Is there something i have to do with the dynamis?

Rangerover1944

Did you try it on address 3 most loco's with factory install are addressed to 3 when shipped. Is it a new loco or did you purchase it used. Did you have a previous system and addressed in your previous throttle. Need more info!
Jim

esobieski

The loco is brand new and is currently on address 3. the sounds work but im getting no movement. no previous throttles

Doneldon

eso-

Why not try returning the loco's decoder to the factory default settings? Then you can start from scratch.

-- D

Jerrys HO

Did you try another loco? It may be the loco. If so I would check with the manufacturer about warranty service.

Jerry

bapguy

I think you may have to add a DCC decoder to this loco to run on DCC. Try going to the websight of BLI. The instuctions that came with the loco might have the answer as well. Joe

Pacific Northern

The BLI Blueline T-1 is DCC ready, the Paragon2 is DC/DCC compatible.

Some of the BLI engines are hogs on amps, My BLI Paragon Hudson would not run at all on by EZ Command, It ran fine on a Digitrax unit with a lot more amps 1 VS 5 for the Digitrax. The EZ unit would run sound Spectrum units with no problem, I could run 2 with no problems, any more and no movement, nothing.
Pacific Northern

bobwrgt

Reset cv8 to 8 for factory settings.  Make sure you have the plug between engine and tender pushed in all the way. Sometimes it takes a few tries. You can also use a tooth pick to push it in. Turn the smoke unit off with the switch under the cab, it draws alot of power.
If you have an DC power pack and a few sections of track you can test it on DC to see if it works on DC. If it works it's something in the Dcc decoder holding it back.
It should run on both DC and DCC.

Bob