News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Union Pacific Caboose

Started by traindaddy2, May 02, 2012, 07:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

traindaddy2

We have two HO Union Pacific cabooses with the same number 207. One is all yellow and the other has a yellow body and red top.  One has the Union Pacific red, white & blue Logo, the other does not.  Which #207 has the correct color scheme, which is older, why do both have the same number and why does only one have the logo?  Thank you.

jward

i am not sure when the changeover was, but the red caboose is associated with steam era, and the yellow with diesels.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

traindaddy2

Mr. Ward:   Thanks, so much.

Terry Toenges

In doing a Google search, I see 3 Bachmann cabooses numbered 207 - the two you mentioned and a center cupola one.
I guess my questions are: Why make all three with the same number? I could guess that it is cheaper to manufacture one caboose body with three different roof options.
Pics of real UP cabeese show 4 or 5 digit numbers. Why only 3 digits on the Bachmann ones?
Feel like a Mogul.

Jhanecker2

Probably so the owner could add one or two numbers to differenciate them .  That's my theory & I'm stickin' to it.
John  II.

traindaddy2

John II:  Thanks for your theory. ;D

Doneldon

td2and J2-

If I had to guess I'd say that Bachmann put the same three digit number on all three cabeese because it was cheaper that way. I doubt if individuation is a serious consideration for train set cabooses.
                                                                                                                  -- D