News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Running DCC Trolley on DC layout

Started by jacksonjag, April 22, 2012, 12:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacksonjag

I just bought a Bachmann Peter Witt trolley with DCC installed.  Can I run it on my DC layout without harm, or, do I need to set up the DCC system first?

Jerrys HO

jackson

According to the product listing your trolley comes equipped with a dual mode decoder which allows both DC and DCC operation.

Jerry

richg

Quote from: jacksonjag on April 22, 2012, 12:32:55 PM
I just bought a Bachmann Peter Witt trolley with DCC installed.  Can I run it on my DC layout without harm, or, do I need to set up the DCC system first?

Please take time to read the below link. Store the link in Favorites. You can also print this document.
Please note, if this is from a private source, the DC option might have been disabled. I suspect this document is still valid for the on board DCC, non sound locos.
There is a different document for the on board sound locos if you ever venture that far.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ez_content/1_Amp_Decoder_Instr.pdf

Rich

jacksonjag

Thanks, Jerry    I am also in Louisiana.   Thanks, also to Richg for printout.

Jerrys HO

jackson

Glad to help. Take note on richg's links as he has great links he provides. I store everything  he post's.

richg

Thanks for another link.

Jerry

CNE Runner

If your trolley does indeed contain a dual mode decoder and will not run in DC - then you have to change CV29 value. I have a Bachmann GP35 that ran flawlessly on DCC (digital), but wouldn't utter a 'peep' on DC (analog). By adjusting CV29 it now will run on either. BTW: I used the very same instructions that RichG provided.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"