News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Show us your layout

Started by Jerrys HO, April 23, 2012, 06:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NarrowMinded

Jonathan, your layout looks great... you did a great job on the asphalt colors, on most layouts I see they are off a bit but yours are nice.

My favorite part of model railroading is making things super detailed.

This is not criticism here just a tip from my eye, next time you go by a crossing look at the oil drip stains leading away from the crossing that are caused when the bumping causes drips to  fall off of the car as it traverses the crossing.  For that matter any place there is a dip or bump in the Road you will find these oil accumulations.

I know I'm excessive compulsive about stuff like this... :P

Nm-Jeff

jonathan

Thanks, guys.  Constructive criticism is always helpful.  I can't wait to go to work tomorrow.  I have to drive over two crossings through the course of my day.  you can bet I will pull off to the side and check out the oil drips and other little details.  ;D

Regards,

Jonathan

Jerrys HO

Jonathan,

I am still waiting on your layout to appear in Model Railroader.
Love those Blair Line crossings.

Jerry

smcgill

Most recent shot!  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQZ1tclS27U

Let it snow let it snow!! ;D

Doneldon

Mc-

I suppose you must be the brains behind the roboplow. What fun. And it really works! What depth
can it move? And, thanks for putting this on line. I love it.
                                                                                            -- D

jonathan

I understand why there are so many large scale fans.  That was great!  I felt sorry for the poor fellow in the signal tower who got pelted by the plow.  :)

Regards,

Jonathan

smcgill

Quote from: jonathan on January 09, 2014, 06:33:34 AM
I felt sorry for the poor fellow in the signal tower who got pelted by the plow.  :)
Regards, Jonathan

Why he's inside with the heat on!!;)

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: smcgill on January 09, 2014, 06:32:54 PM
I felt sorry for the poor fellow in the signal tower who got pelted by the plow.  :)
Regards, Jonathan

I saw it too! Laughed my butt off! Figured the engineer must have been "best of pals  >:(" with the tower guys :D. Wonder who scrapes the windows clean again? Heat or not, it cant wait for a melt!

smcgill

Quote from: GG1onFordsDTandI on January 13, 2014, 02:24:37 PM
Quote from: smcgill on January 09, 2014, 06:32:54 PM
Regards, Jonathan

I saw it too! Laughed my butt off! Figured the engineer must have been "best of pals  >:(" with the tower guys :D. Wonder who scrapes the windows clean again? Heat or not, it cant wait for a melt!

It's probably the only time the windows get cleaned!

GG1onFordsDTandI

I was in a tower once as a kid. I don't think the windows had ever been cleaned. Mostly tobacco tar on the inside though :o.  Gold tint to block the sun? :D

utdave

Well  here i go  showing my oak floor layout (yes i vacume alot its not that bad to do )

frist photo is looking towards the yard i call it the the start piont

now hitting the water tower and the outer loop first bridge

maintenance yard  John deere forest back (now you know where they get there deere from) second bridge

bridge 3

looking back at this area

utdave

missed a photo   my dinorsour park

looking the other way towards deere town

need a station to unload passangers

the town

got to go by New York

the christmas village

then the train museam  then it go backs to start

ill post the other room next    Dave

utdave

Heres the Harley shop with solor powered turntable for the show room motorcycle . on the right is my first building i got back in the 60ties Bates motel  and on the left is a diner  everyone has to eat in a pass car .

now to my Farm

and now to disneyland with mater

Morgun 30

utdave, somehow I get the feeling that the pictures (as good as they are) don't do you lay out justice.