STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 28, 2020, 05:13:06 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Show us your layout
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 Print
Author Topic: Show us your layout  (Read 271970 times)
NarrowMinded

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: January 17, 2014, 12:13:27 AM »

Hmmm, i wonder if i can convince my wife and kids this would work in our house.

Doneldon

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 17, 2014, 12:17:12 AM »

Hmmm, i wonder if i can convince my wife and kids this would work in our house.

Narrow-

I don't know your family but I feel confident predicting that you won't get the concept off the floor, er, ground.

-- D
jonathan

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 17, 2014, 07:17:17 AM »

Now that is something entirely different.  I hope you're not a pet person.  Smiley

That is neat and truly unique.  Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Jonathan
utdave

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 17, 2014, 09:00:39 PM »

i do have a catzilla  but she doesnt like the trains and avoids it if she gets in the home.  i live on a small farm  which has 2 homes on it . ill be moving to the bigger home in the future  which has a huge basement  then i redo this layout even bigger than what i have ..  right now is working on things to make a great looking one  so i can transfer things allready done.   in the meantime i do love running long trains 20 to 50 cars long with 4 running at the same time and still work in a yard moving cars.   my narrowest curve is 26  which is on my ez track section .
i also use ez track to help with my flex track curves  35.25 is most of  curves or even larger .  i run 100 car train no promblem  it circles the whole layout gets over my bridge with three locos  with the highest slope is 2 degrees  most is 1 1/2  just  4 ft of it gets to 2 degrees.  my down slope is 4 degree .   have no promblem backing  long trains  up my slopes.    i have 3 grandchildren  oldest is 4 now i do things on it to make them happy and get interested in the hobby.      all my pieces of plywood are  1/4 "  6 ft long  2 sections of flextrack .  i can pull apart  to move or store. and i even have it quartered so i can expand 4 directions .        plans are is when i go into the other home  i build my platform and set this on it  then take section by section out and replace with what a hobby system looks like.        or do you sit with a 4x8 and i had that  when i started  i out grew it quickly.       

yes its different  and boy does it work  harder to run wires because you cant just stick them through a deck to wire underneath hard to set up the 4-8-8-4  a little . can i get to every location  yes .    the dirt/dust is no different than on a table  i clean every month with a wet dry vac  layout and walking areas.   and my big promblem which i fixed racoons coming down the chimney  and knocking over stuff. 

im not just into trains i have a couple old tractors,  have horses ,rental homes and make time to relax is my railroad and alot of that time is running them.   i have some really nice steam  that i only bring out once in a while and seeing what others do to theirs makes me think of the day i can retire and give that a shot also.  ive been doing this for three years now and hopefully another 30 so i can show off some cool stuff in my head that needs to come out

Thanx Dave
TRyburn

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 13, 2014, 08:40:00 AM »

Wow, a lot great looking layouts.  Here are a few of mine.  I still have a long ways to go!  Here is a link to a few more construction shots and a few prototype shots.    http://toddryburnphotography.com/p463579188

jonathan

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 13, 2014, 12:47:18 PM »

Your scenery is b-e-a-utiful! 

That is some truly sturdy benchwork, I might add.

Thanks for showing us.  I love this thread.

Regards,

Jonathan
Ken G Price

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 13, 2014, 11:52:19 PM »

Tryburn, that is looking very nice!

UTdave. I now see why there is such a large problem with auto and truck traffic on your roads. Roll Eyes
You let helicopters drive on them.   Grin

Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/
utdave

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 14, 2014, 04:57:12 AM »

Tryburn   very nice  I like the santa fe   

Ken when you have grandkids things seem to get put where ever  the chopter makes sounds so they fly it over the trains .  and my road is a mess at this time .  lol .   
Jerrys HO
« Reply #533 on: February 14, 2014, 07:44:10 AM »

Todd
Very nice work. I also love the pic of the girder bridge on your link. You do some nice photography work.

Jonathan
Thanks for showing us.  I love this thread.
I love this thread too! Shocked Roll Eyes Grin

To all that posted pics, thanks and keep them coming they look great!

Jerry
smcgill

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 15, 2014, 07:15:30 PM »

I got to run an Engine today.  Grin
Scenery is bland but it will get better! Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlKV3sJotGA&list=UUsVatIqoETFwgDl9avX4Heg&feature=c4-overview
Enjoy!
rogertra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #535 on: February 15, 2014, 07:29:30 PM »

I got to run an Engine today.  Grin
Scenery is bland but it will get better! Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlKV3sJotGA&list=UUsVatIqoETFwgDl9avX4Heg&feature=c4-overview
Enjoy!

Good stuff, thanks for posting.

Cheers

Roger

Jerrys HO
« Reply #536 on: February 15, 2014, 09:27:56 PM »

smcgill

Is that Woodland Scenics snow Grin?
Awesome video, my son is still laughing at your leaf blower train.

Jerry
trainmainbrian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #537 on: February 16, 2014, 08:32:31 PM »

Hi everyone I have posted pic's of my Layout on my Photo Bucket Library Go to the link & check them out
http://s35.photobucket.com/user/maintrackbrian/profile/  & let me know what you guys think of my layout...

If your not thinking of Model Railroading each day you must be having a bad day.....& do not leave your mind @ the station...
jbrock27

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 16, 2014, 09:02:47 PM »

Nice work!  Wiring nice and neat.  Was that an air compressor I saw?  What is that used for Brian?

Keep Calm and Carry On
trainmainbrian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #539 on: February 16, 2014, 10:52:47 PM »

Yes it was an air compressor.. It runs my air powerd switch motors...

If your not thinking of Model Railroading each day you must be having a bad day.....& do not leave your mind @ the station...
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: