News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Show us your layout

Started by Jerrys HO, April 23, 2012, 06:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerrys HO

As promised in another thread. I am hoping this will give me and other's idea's.

New yard and roundhouse addition.

Long way to go and a lifetime to get there.
Thanks for looking and please comment.

Jerry

NarrowMinded

I don't have room for a big layout at this time so everything is modules or circles, I give them away to family or friends when I am board with them then start another. one thing with super small layout is you can get carried away with Scenery detail to the point where I am using tweezers to place sticks and stones one by one.

This last Photo is outside with a Bachmann 0-4-2 with all weather cab a freelanced Bogie and a bashed thomas HO goods wagon into a ore car.

NM-Jeff

jward

jerry.

i notice you have a coal mine. did you know that with mines the tracks extended beyond the tipple building? empties would be pushed to the end of the tracks, then pulled through the tipple for loading.

overall, you are doing well. i love the mountain.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

jonathan

Jerry and Narrowminded have shown us some of their great talent!

Lord knows I have posted enough pics of my layout in the past, but here are a couple of shots I like:

Let's see some more, friends.

Regards,

Jonathan

Jerrys HO

jward

You must have some good eye's if you can see there are no tracks yet. I do have the tracks coming out the side building,
The mine is not permanently fixed yet. I did not even cut into the mountain yet. That's the old #316? coal mine by Model Power. It is a real nice mine I picked up cheap. I can not decide whether to make it a working mine ( are they still in operation or has modern stuff taken over?) or an abandoned mine.

jonathan

You my friend have a very impressive layout. I have looked thru your photobucket pics over and over. One day hopefully I will have mine looking like that. 
Whenever I have a new idea I click on your pics to get ideas for surrounding scenery.

NM

Big or small does not matter to me nor should it to anyone else. The end result that you are happy with is all that matter's, and yours are very nicely detailed.
I like the idea of giving it to family member's but I would have a hard time parting with them.

Jerry

NarrowMinded

Jonathan,

I wish I had the room to do some Work like yours and Jerry's I love the Night scene

NM-JEff

Ken G Price

I have tried every thing I can think of to upload photos, but nothing works.
Tried from photobucket, my computer, and using the tags above. And the options below. Of course there is no way to load any of the attachments that the browse button loads. 
Nothing works.
I have also tried to find any on site help, but no luck. What am I not doing.
I am sure it will be a simple solution.

When there is no easy to find help for a simple solution I begin to wonder if I am going :o ::)
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

ryeguyisme

ken you have to take the image URL, not code and put it between [ img][ /img]

so it would be like [ img] website . com/ photo.jpg [ /img] without spaces

Jerrys HO

Ken

Open your photo bucket account and scroll over the pic. 4 boxes will show, click on the bottom one img code and it will say copied. come back to the post and paste.

Look familiar

Jerry

napa15

Cool thread! OK.. you asked for it..  ;D

Actually, I don't have all that much to show off, but I will show off some progress pictures of where my layout concept came from, it's progress, and current pictures today. The main thing is that this layout is still in the early stages.

BACKSTORY: I'm 40, with a 5yr old son. When I decided to build the layout I have in progress he was just turning 4 and I decided to buy him his first electric HO set - a Bachmann Thomas/Annie/Clarabel set. Then I saw the "exhibition" 4x8 Sodor Island layout that Bachmann built and it was on from there... and so it began.

This first image is a picture of the Bachmann Sodor Island, in case some may not have seen it. A three level, DC operated 5 independent track operated layout. It was my inspiration:

..and this is where it began:

...that's a little better

...much progress.. I decided to only go 2 levels and not 3.. also decided NOT to go with a harbor at the business end to help cut back on expenses:

..fast forward to many months later and a move to Florida. Some progress on the layout, but something is bugging me. There is a LOT of unused space in the middle of the lower level. I thought long and hard about what I could do. After some fiddling around.. it converted NICELY into a tunnel, which I will actually use as a "shop" area once all is said and done.. complete with sound FX and welding lighting FX.. ONE DAY:

..and finally just a few from how it sits now. Obviously there is a lot more on the layout than just "Thomas" stuff.. but I don't care, and neither does my son. We love trains and running them. The Berkshire in the first picture here is sound equipped with a Tsunami TSU-1000 and the outter circle of track on the lower level is now DCC equipped. The full lower level will be once I get more DCC locomotives. I also now have a Bachmann 2-8-0 Connie(DCC) - AND - I put a DCC decoder in my Spencer engine.  ;D

SORRY - got carried away.. don't really ever get anyone to show the layout to.. and the wife isn't overly impressed!  :P

Jerrys HO

napa

This is why I started this thread. It help's with new idea's and we can show off what we have accomplished so far.
I for one have borrowed a few idea's looking over other layout's.
The first Sodor Island looked great and I bet your son has a blast with it.

Jerry

Ken G Price

Quote from: ryeguyisme on April 24, 2012, 10:11:04 PM
ken you have to take the image URL, not code and put it between [ img][ /img]

so it would be like [ img] website . com/ photo.jpg [ /img] without spaces

The pull down menus on my Photobucket pictures seem to have vanished.
There is now only the pictures.
Also the box on the right side of the page that shows my other albums has migrated to the left and covers some of the pictures.
The last time I used Photobucket I had no problems. I just noticed these yesterday when trying to post pictures here.

Jerry, I am gathering that when you used the link in my signature you got the options to show as you did get one of my pictures to load.

OK, Guys, any ideas or options to try and fix this? Know of any thing on Photobucket that I may have inadvertently did that caused this? ???

Jerrys HO

Ken

I just peeked into your photo's and they all look the same as my account and other's I have viewed. Click on jonathan's and check his. Other than that just hover your mouse over the pic and click the img code and it will say copied, unless you have something rearranged on your computer, everything looks fine on our end.

Jerry

sorry about hijacking your pic but I like that one.

Ken G Price

Jerry, that is what the pictures are for.

The image code is what has vanished so there is now way to copy.
I'll figure it out. I always seem to.

NarrowMinded

If you can't get photobucket menu box to show up here is another way.

1.Open the picture you want at photobucket.
2.Right click on it, in the menu that pops up left click on properties at the bottom.
3.Highlite the URL adress, and copy the entire adress
4.come here and paste the adress in your post.
5.Highlight the adress here, then click on this icon above you will see the codes appear in front and back of the adress you just posted
save your post as usual.

NM-Jeff