News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Show us your layout

Started by Jerrys HO, April 23, 2012, 06:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1FredQ

One thing is for sure This hobby has a lot of creative genius.

Thanks for the ideas!!!!!!!1

Jerrys HO

WOW rb

Your wife really does some great scenery work. If this was your first attempt let me say you have done a great job!
If I am correct you were building another layout as well. Please post pics as well.

Jerry

rbryce1

Quote from: M1FredQ on December 23, 2012, 12:03:21 PM
Hey rbryce1

Thanks for sharing your layout it's very thoughtfully done. Having built model airplanes

I like how you incorporated the a/c into the layout. I plan to hang a bunch of my model

aircraft above the layout and was planning to have a small airplane mu seam on the layout.

I noticed you use those 2x4 horses for the legs on the layout. That's what I plan to use.

How do you prevent them from creeping closed??

Thanks for sharing your ideas!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone.  Yes, we will be starting a double layer layout after the Holidays, which will be a permanent layout.  I've been working on the track plans now for some time and have revised it many times.

As for the saw horses, they do not move because the bracket holding the legs and connecting to the top board are all screwed together.  I will need to remove these screws to close the legs later.

Ken G Price

RB, wow amazing winter, Christmas layout.

Jerry's HO, to bad that I do N-scale as I have many 40' cars that would be what you need that I would trade you.

Oh, well, to bad you do the, Horribly Over Sized Scale. ;D
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

M1FredQ

Thanks rbryce for the advice:

I told my son the temporary layout stays up till after Christmas then next day we will get started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did the light house come from!!!!!!!!

M1FredQ

I also meant to write every layout I have seen is remarkable. People are really

talented out there and very imaginative. It's one of the reasons I encourage my son

in this "Greatest hobby"!!

Doneldon

Quote from: M1FredQ on December 23, 2012, 12:03:21 PM
I noticed you use those 2x4 horses for the legs on the layout. That's what I plan to use.
How do you prevent them from creeping closed??

Fred-

If you plan to use sawhorses long term, just screw a piece
of wood or metal between the legs to fix their distance apart.
I intend the two legs on the same end, not the two legs on
the same side.

-- D

Balrog21

Benchwork done! Table measures 5'x16' Now all I have to do is wait for Christmas to roll around now! More pics to come!
Everyone have a wonderful and Merry Christmas!
Best,
Bal

M1FredQ

Thanks for the advice on the sawhorses.

Balrog I hope you keep posting as you go along

Thank you everyone Have a very Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!

Balrog21

Thanks M1, I plan to! Just wait till you see the Christmas load I got. =) hehe...ebay has been berry berry good to me! =) And just won an awesome NIB special edition set of Athearn IC's pwr and dummy loco's....man, can't wait to get them in and get them running! pic of them below! =) And found a great guy to convert them over to DCC with sound for just cost of parts! WOOT WOOT!

Balrog21

Hope this works....the train set from Santa Claus was a HUGE hit, it's not the official layout but pretty close. All line working and operational! More pics and a explanatory vid to come! Hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas!
Best,
Bal

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151364234590731&set=vb.616120730&type=2&theater#!/photo.php?v=10151364234590731&set=vb.616120730&type=2&theater

rbryce1

Here is a inexperienced try at a video of our layout operating.  Still decosating with small details and we have not installed the skirts, but that was done the next day.  I was really surprised at how much the EM1 bogged down on the 2% slope, but as I found and posted in one of my earlier threads, it is pulling 5 large cars up a 2% curved slope.  All three factors, the cars, the slope and the curve combined really puts a load on the locomotive, but we are content that it cannot travel any faster or someone may try it and I would really hate to see it leave the tracks on a curve!  The small 0-6-0 tanker is not the Bachmann I was having trouble with, but is an 0-6-0 Manta with sound that pulls like crazy.   Plan on getting 2-3 more of the open seat excursion cars for that train soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7f7VUhL7Gs&feature=youtu.be

Jerrys HO

rb and bal

Very nice video's.

Bal go back and read jwards advice on s-curves it will come in handy in the future when you start making your layout permanent. Looks like dad was having more fun than junior although Soundtraxx should record his whistle. ;D

rb what radius is your outside run. You probably answered this in one of your other threads but I feel lazy today. :P

Jerry

rbryce1

Quote from: Jerrys HO on December 26, 2012, 09:58:32 AM
rb and bal

Very nice video's.

rb what radius is your outside run. You probably answered this in one of your other threads but I feel lazy today. :P

Jerry

Jerry,

Outside radius is 22", center is 18" and inside is 15".

Balrog21

yeah, there will be a straight included in there....would have been nice to know the measurements of the crossovers since I need a few 3' pieces now, and the back loop right now is only 20" it will be 22" once i order some more tracks, and I need a electric bachman switch as well. Yeah, dad is having a ton of fun as well! A more complete vid will be done very soon.
B