News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Show us your layout

Started by Jerrys HO, April 23, 2012, 06:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

utdave

This is my floor layout that i can take apart abount a year ago   i dont use this part of my home  so  set it up there     one promblem i had a dcc short why i was filming but got it going quickly  so just hang in there 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=350056908367280&set=vb.100000889206449&type=3&theater

my john deere  4-8-8-4 going over the pass  my only sound unit at the time and my other one is riding on the rails       i have three videos  the last 2 are the ones to watch

M1FredQ

rbryce

What a very nice Christmas layout!!!!!!!!!!!

My kids loved the Santa in his sleigh on the flat car.

This year while Christmas shopping at Menard's I discovered the

"Enchanted Forest" series.

I highly recommend them for a layout. I picked up some of them and when

I came back a week after the Thanksgiving weekend almost all of them were sold out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!

M1FredQ

utdave

Just saw your video with the kids a lot of "Wow's" and ""Really  Cool".

My wife came in and watched for a bit and said,"really nice". Everyone loved the

"on board the train" view through the layout, every kids fantasy(as well as we adults) on being aboard one of our model trains!!!!!!!!!

Great job nice layout!!!!

napa15

Some very cool permanent and temporary Christmas layouts in this thread. Great inspiration for those of us at the "novice" level.  ;)

Maybe I'll post some pictures of my 4x8 "layout in progress" I am working on for my son and I. It started out as a Thomas and Friends "Sodor Island" layout and has evolved into a layout that in no way resembles anything related to Thomas and Friends. maybe because every time we go to the hobby shop and I would try to get him to buy something related to the Thomas and Friends Bachmann HO trains he already had, he would instead choose to buy the Army Missle flatcar, or Army flatcar with the Army Tank on it.  ;D That's my boy!

Speaking of... I started my son's interest in electric trains with his first basic started set, the Bachmann Thomas, Annie and Clarabel train set several years ago when he turned 4 years old. Maybe still a little too young for that size... but I didn't care. The point was to get his interest peaked. So off it went from there.

I make that point because I kept that entire set and gave it to our neighbor a few houses down for Christmas to give to her little boy who is now 4 for Christmas (cough Santa cough). He loves Thomas trains as well, the wooden and battery powered kind, and LOVES coming over to our house and running the trains on our layout. So, what better way to pass on the joy of the hobby that to get that young man started proper.

And, we are awaiting a present of our own to arrive in the mail for our layout. A "slightly old" (1988ish) AHM/Rivarossi HO Southern #1401 jewel that I know has been well kept and is in great shape. I can't wait to get her in our hands, give her a good once over with the lube and grease, and get her on the rails pulling our Southern coaches. Time to get some of that old Southern Excursion glory going again.  ;D

-Chuck

Jerrys HO

utdave
nice layout. I love your floor plan. ;D

napa15
looking forward to some pics.

Jerry

utdave

Soon  im going to do steam engines with sound .   trying to sync the trains to come in view why i film is hard.   when i do steam i can run up to 8 trains at the same time.  but i wanted to try to cut up a broken steam so that you looked like you your in a steam loco.     my layout is has changed some   i have a sodor station that i will do a pick-up of passangers.   floor sets have advantage and disavantage in what i did.     im working on my barn to put the set through out my loft  and the cleanning is a promblem from dust and heat in winter.  i live on a small farm.  i used a cheaper cam corder that was narrower and i still had issues of hitting things .  i want to do one with my tyco/bachmann  remodified F series locos also and my new revell dale earnheart display train that i made into a HO scale train .     

thanks for watching   and i loved everones layouts also .   bryce   you need a plymouth Duster (poor mans hotrod) in your car show LOL and a john deere model b  tractor  so i can be on your layout.   i drive my john deere to the local car shows not many old tractors here in utah

napa15

Here is a very short video I shot on my iPhone a few months back when my son and his friend were out playing with the layout. I didn't get but a little bit of it. The trees are all just plopped on there because my boy said he wanted them there, though they are are just temporary. You can see that there has been some scenery added to the lower level, but the upper level needs much work. I have since done some additional work on the upper section.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m37WtQsYoSU&list=UUCCFdpXt-D-yp4c5rEJeDlA&index=1

Here's a video from a little over a year ago of my layout. It's kind of fun to watch because my kids give a guided tour, as they play with it.  ;D Not much to look at as far as scenery, as it's early in construction.. but you get a better idea of the layout than in the video above. It's only a 4x8... but it's better than no layout at all!!  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxi5OvxFh60&list=UUCCFdpXt-D-yp4c5rEJeDlA

Enjoy.

Balrog21

nice layout Napa...i think everyone should start on a 4x8 to see what you can come up with! Love the tiered lines! Now, how about a more recent vid?

napa15

Thanks for the comments. The top link, which is the shorter video is the most recent video and pretty much the most current version of the layout. The only difference really at this point is that I have added some cardboard ribbing to the upper level edges where the pink foam is so that I can add the plaster cloth to make the rocks. And on top at the far end I have also added some cardboard ribbing to some other foam board I had stacked up there where I am going to make a small mountain there. I honestly haven't even decided what I am going to with the top level yet as far as scenery. It's such a small area. When it was originally going to be the Sodor Island layout I knew, but now that it's not going to be... I'm undecided.  ???

But, I've got some buildings and such laying around and I see all these other great layouts for inspiration.. so I'm sure something will come to me.

M1FredQ

Hey Napa

How many kids you have??

Looks like they were having a great time!!!!

I took time off to be with the kids and in between me trying to get caught up with

paperwork we have been "working on the Rail Road" and having a lot of fun.

My son made a really nice "LEGO" coal tower and put it on the layout.

Happy New Year everyone

napa15

I have 3... ranging from 6 to 18!  :o

The two in the 2nd video I linked to are mine. I'm hoping to get out and work on ours soon. It just too cold here right now, and ours is in an un-powered shed in our back yard. Burrr. I have a feeling we'll be out there next week though doing some test runs on our new addition when it comes in the mail.

M1FredQ

Napa I like the upper level concept I think we are going to do it too on our layout.

If you need heat in that room get one of those Lifesmart Infrared Heaters.

Menards has them pretty cheap and they really work well and hardly use much

electricity.

No fumes and perfectly safe

Balrog21

here is a more indepth view of the beginning of the layout before serious work starts on it.
Best,
Bal

http://youtu.be/QqOf1Tk058U

M1FredQ

Balrog21

Nice video of the layout.

Also appreciated the commentary of your plans while the trains are running.

The kids look happy and it's the perfect age to get them "On Board"  in the

"The Greatest Hobby In The World""

Happy New Year

jward

balrog

elimnate those s curves.   you are running old truck mounted cars on the inner loop. once you convert them to body mounts you will have problems.

other than that, looks like fun.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA