News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Show us your layout

Started by Jerrys HO, April 23, 2012, 06:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomas81z

well in ft myers they have www.scalerails.org & its a double deck layout with a helix & they model the joint line on the lower & santa fe on the upper , i have been thinking of joining them  :-\ but time will tell

M1FredQ

Thanks for the link and web address to carendt

I signed up

Happy New Year

rogertra

Progress on the Great Eastern over the past few days.

I've begun the careful ballasting of the yard tracks, starting at the east end yard ladder as that is the least complicated trackage.  Once the glue and ballast are completely dry, then comes the fun job of tidying up the ballast by removing the "cinders" from the top of the ties and the web of the rail :-

And from the other direction.

Jerrys HO

roger

Looking good keep them coming and don't forget to connect the track running next to your turntable ;D ;D

Jerry

rogertra

Quote from: Jerrys HO on January 08, 2013, 06:01:29 PM
roger

Looking good keep them coming and don't forget to connect the track running next to your turntable ;D ;D

Jerry

Hi Jerry.

I'll keep 'em coming.  You'll notice there's no turntable in the pit? 

Power supply gave up the ghost and it's a proprietary Walthers chip that's fried so I'm waiting for their permission to send it back for repair.

Balrog21

Jerrys HO

Bal

Your making good progress. It looks great.
One suggestion if you have not already thought of it is to have an opening on the back side of your tunnel since it does not appear to have enough room to come from underneath for track cleaning and those dreadful derails.

Also you may want to consider installing a security fence around your layout. I just had a piece of rolling stocks trip pin catch the track and threw my F7 to the ground. Thank goodness for all the scrap foam I have laying in that section as it saved me from major damage. Came out with a busted wheel set and I had an extra laying around.

Jerry

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

Balrog21

thanks, guys, yeah, there will be a retaining wall on the outer edges for just that reason. More vids to come!

Doneldon

Balrog-

Looking good!

-- D

CJCrescent

Rather than post a ton of pictures that may be slow loading for some folks who may still be on dial-up, just click the Alabama Central Railway in my signature. It will take you to my Railroad's Website.
Keep it Between the Rails
Carey
Alabama Central Railway

CJCrescent

There's no scenery yet, as the construction of the tracks isn't finished. Except for what is hidden track, like the staging yards and the hidden track up the nolix, the vast majority is handlaid.
Keep it Between the Rails
Carey
Alabama Central Railway

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

Balrog21