News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Show us your layout

Started by Jerrys HO, April 23, 2012, 06:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerrys HO

jonathan

QuoteThe train is so long I sped it up a bit to keep from boring the watcher.

Never get bored watching anything you post. Wish you would post more.
I like getting ideas from your layout, just wish I had more time to spend on mine. ( I am rearranging again) ::) :o ;D

Jerry

jward

jerry,

do I see blue diesels with capitol domes in your future? GO B&O!!!
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

TimR

Nice video, Jonathon! Great job!

Jerrys HO

Jeff

Gotta say, Jonathan makes all his engine's desirable but I know nothing about B&O. Never got a chance to see one down here. Now he does have a few CSX engine's that would look great on my layout.  ;D

Jerry

jonathan

Thank's guys.

Oooooh sorry, I sold all my CSX.   :'(

regards

Jonathan

jward

b&o is an old friend. I grew up around it. always the poor stepchild in the northeast, it always ran in the shadow of the pennsy and nyc. but it got the last laugh by staying a profitable railroad while everything around it spiraled into bankruptcy led by the merged successor of the prr and nyc. b&o had its own way of doing things, and its employees were friendly enough to let a teenager hang around with them in the signal towers.

b&o also ran through some of the best scenery in the east. and the foresight to stay away from ge locomotives......

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Doneldon

jonathan-

Is it just me or is there a bit of a 3-D effect in this video? The tower,
in particular, seems to stand out in front of the rest of the scene. Or
maybe my monitor is goofy.
                                                -- D

rogertra

Jonathan.

Really nice job on those engines.

I just found I have a tender with a doghouse and I don't use the doghouse (Not used in Canada AFAIK) so it's yours for the postage, if you want it.

I can either send you just the doghouse or, if you have a non-doghouse tender going spare (any road name), we could simply swap tender bodies and each pay the postage.

jonathan

Doneldon,

My digital camera focused on the crossing signal (Nikon P500).  I couldn't get it to focus on the moving train. The signal is the brightest object in the scene.  Hence, the video messes with your eyes a bit.  One day, I'll invest in some good video equipment.  :)

Roger, thanks much, but I have no extra tenders left, and no longer need doghouses.  They were a bit rare on the B&O.  They preferred to build a brakeman's hooch behind the fireman.  There were a few locos that got doghouses in the '50s, but not many.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Regards,

Jonathan

Balrog21

nice vid, Jonathan! Awesome scenery!!
Bal

Balrog21

Here is a short video of my BLI GE-AC6000 pulling a LONG consist...I love how this baby can creep without any trouble. The vid starts out with 35 it ends up being 37 after Grafton, the conductor adds a few more cars and a dummy engine!
http://youtu.be/R9worQpP40o

Doneldon

Balrog-

That is a long train! And it started so smoothly, even without
bunching the cars so you only had to start them little by little. I'm
impressed. Nice work and a neat piece of video, too.
                                                                                 -- D

jonathan

B21,

Two things I loved about the video:

1)  The great interest that young man displayed in the trains.  Thanks for letting him put his hands all over it.  Hope it becomes a lifelong joy.

2)  The wooden train whistle on the layout:  I have one stored on a shelf under my layout.  I can't help but give it a toot every once in a while (when no one is looking of course).   ;D

That loco looks impressive as well.  Now that you have all the bells and whistles, and flashing markers, will you be painting it yourself?

Regards,

Jonathan

jbrock27

JP, I got the same wooden train whistle you have in your vid, for my son, last Christmas.
Keep Calm and Carry On

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: jonathan on May 06, 2013, 07:26:05 PM
B21, things I loved about the video:

The great interest that young man displayed in the trains.  Thanks for letting him put his hands all over it.  Hope it becomes a lifelong joy.

I would be amazed if that kid doesn't run trains as an adult. This type of bonding is as priceless, as the lessons are endless.  The evident respect, as he attempts to remain calm and controlled, shows real character development and a need to earn being able handle these trains solo. Trains were an excellent "motive" for me to do, or not do, anything. Only responsible young men could run the good trains at Grandpas!. The pride of "being skilled enough" to put a Madisn on the track, advancing to the Super Chief a-b-b-a, Lackawanna FM Trainmaster, and just running a first year black gg1 is all I asked for. Waited till I was 13. I got 15min during a lube session, an honor Ill never forget(paint is an oops. you can only see the green under bright light at certain angles)  Even if kiddo forgets us all for awhile, he's undoubtedly "the future of model railroading" I'm sure. Maybe The Bachmann would be wise to keep tuned to this kid tastes so the kid keeps paying attention to Bachmann well into the future?