News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Show us your layout

Started by Jerrys HO, April 23, 2012, 06:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NarrowMinded

Hmmm, i wonder if i can convince my wife and kids this would work in our house.

Doneldon

Quote from: NarrowMinded on January 16, 2014, 11:13:27 PM
Hmmm, i wonder if i can convince my wife and kids this would work in our house.

Narrow-

I don't know your family but I feel confident predicting that you won't get the concept off the floor, er, ground.

-- D

jonathan

Now that is something entirely different.  I hope you're not a pet person.  :)

That is neat and truly unique.  Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Jonathan

utdave

i do have a catzilla  but she doesnt like the trains and avoids it if she gets in the home.  i live on a small farm  which has 2 homes on it . ill be moving to the bigger home in the future  which has a huge basement  then i redo this layout even bigger than what i have ..  right now is working on things to make a great looking one  so i can transfer things allready done.   in the meantime i do love running long trains 20 to 50 cars long with 4 running at the same time and still work in a yard moving cars.   my narrowest curve is 26  which is on my ez track section .
i also use ez track to help with my flex track curves  35.25 is most of  curves or even larger .  i run 100 car train no promblem  it circles the whole layout gets over my bridge with three locos  with the highest slope is 2 degrees  most is 1 1/2  just  4 ft of it gets to 2 degrees.  my down slope is 4 degree .   have no promblem backing  long trains  up my slopes.    i have 3 grandchildren  oldest is 4 now i do things on it to make them happy and get interested in the hobby.      all my pieces of plywood are  1/4 "  6 ft long  2 sections of flextrack .  i can pull apart  to move or store. and i even have it quartered so i can expand 4 directions .        plans are is when i go into the other home  i build my platform and set this on it  then take section by section out and replace with what a hobby system looks like.        or do you sit with a 4x8 and i had that  when i started  i out grew it quickly.       

yes its different  and boy does it work  harder to run wires because you cant just stick them through a deck to wire underneath hard to set up the 4-8-8-4  a little . can i get to every location  yes .    the dirt/dust is no different than on a table  i clean every month with a wet dry vac  layout and walking areas.   and my big promblem which i fixed racoons coming down the chimney  and knocking over stuff. 

im not just into trains i have a couple old tractors,  have horses ,rental homes and make time to relax is my railroad and alot of that time is running them.   i have some really nice steam  that i only bring out once in a while and seeing what others do to theirs makes me think of the day i can retire and give that a shot also.  ive been doing this for three years now and hopefully another 30 so i can show off some cool stuff in my head that needs to come out

Thanx Dave

TRyburn

Wow, a lot great looking layouts.  Here are a few of mine.  I still have a long ways to go!  Here is a link to a few more construction shots and a few prototype shots.    http://toddryburnphotography.com/p463579188

jonathan

Your scenery is b-e-a-utiful! 

That is some truly sturdy benchwork, I might add.

Thanks for showing us.  I love this thread.

Regards,

Jonathan

Ken G Price

Tryburn, that is looking very nice!

UTdave. I now see why there is such a large problem with auto and truck traffic on your roads. ::)
You let helicopters drive on them.   ;D
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

utdave

Tryburn   very nice  I like the santa fe   

Ken when you have grandkids things seem to get put where ever  the chopter makes sounds so they fly it over the trains .  and my road is a mess at this time .  lol .   

Jerrys HO

Todd
Very nice work. I also love the pic of the girder bridge on your link. You do some nice photography work.

Jonathan
QuoteThanks for showing us.  I love this thread.
I love this thread too! :o ::) ;D

To all that posted pics, thanks and keep them coming they look great!

Jerry

smcgill

Jerrys HO

smcgill

Is that Woodland Scenics snow ;D?
Awesome video, my son is still laughing at your leaf blower train.

Jerry

trainmainbrian

Hi everyone I have posted pic's of my Layout on my Photo Bucket Library Go to the link & check them out
http://s35.photobucket.com/user/maintrackbrian/profile/  & let me know what you guys think of my layout...
If your not thinking of Model Railroading each day you must be having a bad day.....& do not leave your mind @ the station...

jbrock27

Nice work!  Wiring nice and neat.  Was that an air compressor I saw?  What is that used for Brian?
Keep Calm and Carry On

trainmainbrian

Yes it was an air compressor.. It runs my air powerd switch motors...
If your not thinking of Model Railroading each day you must be having a bad day.....& do not leave your mind @ the station...