wish list-well ducks on his way, whats next for bachmann?

Started by dan-hornby, April 25, 2012, 01:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan-hornby

well i know that there is already a wish list topic, but i feel a new one was needed.

its been a disapointing realease year for hornby but now i prefer bachmann.

to start im glad that bachmann are going to realease duck. i would love to see oliver to complete the numerical sequence. why not use bachmanns annie and clarabel to make the coaches as seen in series one to three. they are the same colour as annie and clarabel just without their names.

i would also like to see arther and bachmann do a flying scotsman as was in the original books.

engines:original stories;daisy and boco, stepney,city of truro,wilbert, sixteen,
                                       D199 and the hymek (bear) and the narrow gauge engines,mountain engines             and ducks little engines
              new stories;charlie belle, billy, whiff,

i know theres alot there but its nice to wish
what does everone else think?

gwr duck

h... yeah i want oliver,arther,boco,daisy,toad,derek, for the locos.
for the rolling stock well it has 2 b rocky,red coaches,wetherd coal wagons,piano truck thing.
umm building well i like the suspention bridge and great waterton station and tower and also brendam docks wearhouse.
road and water well bulstrode and thumper and the  horrid lorrys and trevor and george maybe caraline and fat controlers car oh and elizibeth and butch,bulgy

Calebtrain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Cupix the Azelf

Well, I doubt they would do RWS characters. If they did, I would go insane with happiness.

P.S: Bachmann already did City of Truro, but for the real-life section, of course. ;)
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

MetaDude27

I'm hoping for Oliver, Stepney, 'Arry, and Bert. I know that the Iron Twins haven't had very many significant roles in the series, but they've left a pretty big impression from those few roles as main characters. I mean, they tried to KILL Stepney, for crying out loud!

Skarloey

Honestly for me, in terms of locomotives, I'll just stick to pre-HiT characters, which are Oliver, BoCo, Daisy, and Stepney.
Rolling Stock, I might just go for Bachmann Branchline's stock, but if I had to, it would be a plant truck like in Henry's Forest, and the Breakdown Train. (Cranes, flatbeds, Works Unit Coach)

Cupix the Azelf

H... isn't really considered a swear word. :(
It was even used in the DK Rap in Donkey Kong 64. :P

Calebtrain

Maybe it's okay here. But I wouldn't say it, to be on the safe side.

TobyTheTram16

Cheeky_ULP

If Bachmann has no plans to revise Thomas, Percy and James, then there's no engine I want more than him:

BoCo is a classic era character, and was good friends with Duck, and he has quite a popular fan base despite his lack of recent appearances.

I'd Clive Spong (current Railway Series illustrator) might have been aware of this, as he gave BoCo a welcome cameo in Buffer Bother, which is pretty much his most recent appearance in any media.

Half of me thinks BoCos chances are highly unlikely, due to his lack of appearances lately. However, Salty and Spencer managed to get in before Duck, Donald, Douglas, AND Diesel, with both having way less appearances at the time of their debut. To add, BoCo could be heavily modified to make Daisy too.

Cupix the Azelf

I'd love to see BoCo... if only Bachmann or Hornby did a Class 28 model already... :-\

*Dadadaduuuun dadadadadaduuuuuun! (BoCo's fanfare/mini theme)*

Calebtrain

Edward can't keep the twins in order on his own!  :D

ClearwtaerMK2

Quote from: Sparks on April 29, 2012, 11:19:09 PM
If Bachmann has no plans to revise Thomas, Percy and James, then there's no engine I want more than him:

BoCo is a classic era character, and was good friends with Duck, and he has quite a popular fan base despite his lack of recent appearances.

I'd Clive Spong (current Railway Series illustrator) might have been aware of this, as he gave BoCo a welcome cameo in Buffer Bother, which is pretty much his most recent appearance in any media.

Half of me thinks BoCos chances are highly unlikely, due to his lack of appearances lately. However, Salty and Spencer managed to get in before Duck, Donald, Douglas, AND Diesel, with both having way less appearances at the time of their debut. To add, BoCo could be heavily modified to make Daisy too.
I simply doubt that bachmann could make boco because heljan has a ready to run class 28 so you can make your own boco & RWS apearances don't count! BTW Daisy is based on a completely different loco all together!

Anthony P2

Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on May 05, 2012, 09:16:32 AM
I simply doubt that bachmann could make boco because heljan has a ready to run class 28 so you can make your own boco & RWS apearances don't count! BTW Daisy is based on a completely different loco all together!

And your point is? just because Heljan makes a class 28 doesn't mean Bachmann can't make BoCo. Have you seen the price for one of a Heljan class 28? it's expensive! why would we waste that much money just to turn it into a Thomas character? unless your making a RWS accurate loco then be my guest. besides Bachmann wouldn't use tooling for a class 28, they would make a new tooling just for BoCo.
And yes Daisy is based off of a different class, but with alterations to BoCos tooling would save Bachmann money.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on May 05, 2012, 09:16:32 AM
Quote from: Sparks on April 29, 2012, 11:19:09 PM

With that logic, Bachmann shouldn't have made Diesel because both Bachmann UK and Hornby already have normal 08s that can be made into Diesel.

Also, not everyone has $200 for a Heljan Class 28, plus shipping, tools needed to paint a model, the right paint for BoCo, and then dish out another 15 or so bucks just to get the face from a Trackmaster BoCo. By the time one is done, their new BoCo custom model has costed them around $250-300 bucks. Very few people are going to invest that much for a Thomas engine; I know I wouldn't!

As for Daisy, in the TV series BoCo and Daisy shared the same chassis, right down to Daisy even having BoCos chassis in one scene of Bulls Eye. This is also one reason why they've never appeared on screen at the same time.

Daisy is normally a Bo-Bo.

Honestly, sometimes I feel Bachmann should get the last four classic era locomotives out the way (BoCo, Daisy, Oliver, Stepney). It's only four more engines, and they're engines everyone has long requested for ready-to-run models of. Stepney even proved to have enough of a demand for Hornby to re-issue 1000 units of the Stepney model in their Thomas range.