STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 20, 2020, 03:53:31 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Large
| | |-+  3-truck-Climax
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 3-truck-Climax  (Read 1452 times)
Chris9017

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2012, 02:25:30 AM »

Well since Shay made a 3-truck model, has there been thought of a 3-truck Climax model in large scale?  It would be nice to see a 3-truck-Climax in large scale. Smiley
tac

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 09:17:18 AM »

As far as I know, the only large-scale Climax three-truck locomotive model was made by Aster, back in 1982, as either a gas-fired or electric version.  The scale was ~1:24 or so, not too sure.

You can still pick one up if you look hard enough - Southern Steam Trains [a major Aster dealer in USA] has had one from time to time and I've even seen one as a kit here in UK - although that is VERY rare.

See - http://www.southernsteamtrains.com/aclimax.htm

Expect to pay around $2500 or so.

AccuCraft now make a two-truck version - gas-fired or electric, in 1/20.3 - the same as the Bachmann model - but AFAIK there are no plans to make a three-truck version.  Write to AccuCraft US in Union City CA if you really want them to think about it!

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:24:15 AM by tac » Logged
Chris9017

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 03:59:08 AM »

I was hoping for Bachmann to come out with a 3-truck Climax since Accucraft would have one for almost $3K, and Bachmann's would be the same Price as their current 3-truck shay which is at most hobby dealers about $400-$800 which is not bad, so I am hoping to get a 3-truck Climax for around $1K at the most, and the only way would be for Bachmann to make one.   An no doubt the 3-truck Climaxes would be a huge hit.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: