News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

3RD GENERATION ENGINE??

Started by fastfordray, May 07, 2012, 08:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastfordray

Hello Everyone,

I need to get a "3rd generation" engine for a project that I am doing.
I already have the B&O #1332, and I think the Emmett Kelly circus engine is another one.
Need the names of a few others.

Thanks,
Ray

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Ray,  What you want is not as easy as you might think.  Many 4-6-0's had several different versions over their production period.   The Emmet Kelly loco for example was produced in all five versions so the only way to find if it is a version three is to check it in person. 

Here are several that I think were made ONLY with the version 3 but I will not guarantee it. 
One is from the first White Christmas Express set, but not the Frontgate White Christmas Express. Yes there are two different White Christmas Express Sets!

Others may be the EBT, C&S and Milwaukee Road locos from the Golden classics sets and the Loco from the Fast Mail set.
The EBT sold separate from the sets is an Anniversary 4-6-0 rather than a Big Hauler. 

Hope this helps a little.

Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

fastfordray

Hi Bill,

I can't get my head to stop spinning!!
Why can't anything ever be easy??

Thanks for your help,
Ray

Loco Bill Canelos

Ray you are most welcome!  I forgot to mention that your B&O loco from the Royal Blue set was also produced from 1989 to 2002 so loco's like it with the same number could be version 2 through version 5 as well!!
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!