News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Momentum Settings

Started by hawaiiho, May 02, 2012, 12:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawaiiho

I've reached the limit of my knowledge.

Has any one found momentum settings that will work properly with Bachmann decoders?

I've tried everything that and I can think of and nothing works. The only Bachmann locomotives, I have,

that I have successfully set momentum in, have been those I have WITHOUT a Bachmann decoder. That is those that I

installed another brand in or those that came from Bachmann with other than a Bachmann decoder.

Will

hawaiiho

I hadn't thought of trying  setting momentum using 28 speed steps. I tried numerous locomotives and
could not get any smooth repsonses setting while  on 128 steps. I  find it strange that the locomotives that came with sound from Bachmann and the two that I installed work great, while, all of the "DCC on Board" Bachmann locomotives, that I rried, gave problems. I will let you know tomorrow. Thanks.

Will

captain1313

hawaiiho,

I do believe that the OEM DCC On Board decoder is only address, lights, speed steps and direction were as the sound decoder has all the other functions.

Kevin

hawaiiho

Hunt, the change from 128 to 28 step made very little difference. It was worth a try.
Kevin, you are correct, in addition to other cv's, the standard Bachmann controller does not support CVs 5 or 6.

I am not conversant enough with decoders to know, but that may be the problem. Or, it may be one or two of the many other CVs that the Bachmann decoders don't support that is causing the problem of the momentum not working properly. I still am getting very uneven and jerky responses.

Will

hawaiiho

I think it is unlikely that this is an issue unrelated to the decoders as this same issue is occurring with more than a dozen different "DCC on Board" Bachmann locomotives and not occurring on Bachmann locomotives that do not have the "Basic" Bachmann decoder in them.

captain1313

Hunt

So that's what was on those papers I filed away immediately after putting the locos on the track. ::)

Kevin

hawaiiho

hawaiiho

Never did have a Pro Box and I just recently replaced my Dynamis with an NCE.

I'm not really sure that I want to get into CV programing at the bit level, thanks.

Rangerover1944

You know that's why they have factory reset, for guys like us who are afraid of doing something wrong programming cv's. 7 years ago I wouldn't even think of doing cv stuff, now it's simple! Go for it you won't do any permanent damage to the decoder, factory reset is the friend you turn to! Jim