Hey, Bmann! stand alone Acela cafe car vs the one in the set question

Started by kmcsjr, May 03, 2012, 11:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmcsjr

Hi
I bought the Acela set, because my daughter will be riding the real one back and forth to school in Mass next yr (an excuse, is an excuse). I held off this long on the sets reputation. Sorry Bmann, LOVE the steamers you are doing. Dissapointed this set never got revised/Spectrumized.

To the point. I was reading (in another forum) that the stand alone Cafe car is of higher quality that the set car.

Bmann, can you confirm if/how the 2 models differ?

Thanks

the Bach-man

Dear K,
The Acela is Spectrum, and, as far as I know, all cars are of the same quality.
What school will your daughter attend?
Have fun!
the Bach-man

kmcsjr

Thanks for the response. Home from my trip and I see spectrum on the box. I will try to get it on the track soon. Usually when someone is dissatisfied with a loco, there are voices that support the loco and in Bachmanns case, Bachmanns service when there is a problem (not all manufacturers are as responsive). in this case I am missing the voices that say "mine runs great and I didn't have to modify it, or send it in, so I wasn't expecting the Spectrum name.

She will attend MIT (hoping she can design an alternate power source for my trains!)

jscola30

I just looked through my 2012 catalog and realized that I didn't see neither the N scale Acela or the HHP. Is Bachmann discontinuing them? (Good thing I have one of each).

the Bach-man

Dear JS,
We can't make every item every year. They are still readily available, so we'll wait a year or two for the next run.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

jscola30

I see, maybe in the next run, is there a way to do a better coupling system (although I will say last night I was able to put mine one the track without any break-aways or derailments). I will say (and I think someone else said), once you break it in, it's really a great runner!