News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Extra power to tracks HO

Started by Roelf, August 29, 2007, 08:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.cprmier

Roelf;
If your trackwork is correct and your wiring is correct, you will get readings like that+/- all along the track.  THis is exactly what you want.  Don't forget, when you have a load on the track, it is like any other electrical situation, in that you will incur a voltage drop.  This is because power (wattage) is being consumed by a load (motor, lights, etc); and in essence, your meter represents a parallel load when the leads are put to the rails the same time as another load is drawing power.  So far, so good.

RIch
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

r.cprmier

and in essence, your meter represents a parallel load when the leads are put to the rails the same time as another load is drawing power.

Roelf;
THis above conjunction isn't what I had intended to say; I started out and muct have gotten distracted or something-at any rate, it ran off into the weeds with two things in mind that came out garble-dee-gook, so just ignore it.  The point I was trying to make is the point I had already made.

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Roelf

Hallo Rich

Thanks for everything. When I have everything up and running i will let you know how things is going. Finally I can now start clearing out my garage and start with my layout. Still waiting for some more tracks I've ordered. The only other problem I might occur is that I have applied for a job in Dubai, then everything will stand till I get back.