News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How to order cleaning pads.

Started by polekat62, May 07, 2012, 11:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polekat62

Mr Bachmann your help would be appreciated. I recently tried to order replacement pads for my tank cleaning car on line from your site. It then directs me to a site called shopatron where the cleaning pads #16949 are priced at $17.00 a pair.and estimated shipping at $3.99 US. Then when I go to checkout, the shipping jumps to $18.90 US. Thats $18.90 cents shipping for a very small article.I tried to phone them,but the phone number is restricted to USA only. This amount of mailing charges will not sit right with your loyal Canadian customers. Your help would be appreciated.
                                                          Dale

Doneldon

kitty-

Call Bman service during normal east coast business hours at 800-356-3910. Recognize that they get many, many calls so they might not call you back in 10 or 15 minutes. However, this isn't a terribly busy time of year so I wouldn't think it would take them more than a day or two to return your inquiry. Bman service really tries to do a good job and, IMHO, they succeed.
                                                                                                   -- D

polekat62

Hi Doneldon
I did phone the parts dept this morning to make an order for 2 things. One thing was a HO  shay Bell & whistle assembly which they filled, but the cleaning Pads he explained are from a different source or something and I had to go where the Bachmann site sent me. It almost sound like a seperate store under Bachmann direction. I,m hoping the Bach-mann can help.

Dale

Jerrys HO

Wow 17.00 a pair! That's full list.
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=3990

Check with  The Favorite Spot They may have them. Talk to Ray he may be able to tell you when he will get them.

Jerry

the Bach-man

Dear Dale and Jerry,
Any item we sell direct must be at list price.
Have you tried placing your existing pads in the dishwasher?
Have fun!
the Bach-man

polekat62

Mr Bachmann
     The price of the cleaning Pads was not the issue.The issue is the price of shipping $18.90 for a item #16949 that is 1in x 1in x 1/16 and weighs absolutely next to nothing and the shipping should be minimal. As suggested, Ive phoned Bachmann twice and Emailed shopatron , no answer yet. I hope you can help.
                                                                       Dale

polekat62

Mr Bachmann
I recieved a phone call this morning from Bachmann and the problem is solved.
                                                                  thanks

Tedshere

Hey Polekat,
    Tell us what the solution was. People read this site to find out if others are having the same problem they are. solutions are the reason most of us are here!!
    Thanks friend,
    Ted
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
Ted
Kalkaska, Michigan

polekat62

Hey Ted,
The solution was to shop around and I found Myfavoritespot-replacement pads
$11.93 +$3.00 shipping to Canada.
                                            Dale

Tedshere

Thanks Polekat. Good info!!
    Ted
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
Ted
Kalkaska, Michigan