News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

K27

Started by YellowHillsCentral, July 29, 2007, 12:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowHillsCentral

Yeah I know this topic is a little old but i need to know, is bachmann naking a K27? and if possible (probably not though, when will it be released? and how much will it cost???

Thanks a ton for your help,
ShayLudlow

tlnibert

All I've been hearing is rumors, but I was also told at the show in York Pa.,it would be a 2-8-2, and it would be extra special.  Bachmann has came from toys to very fine models.
My 2-8-0 is the favorite of all my engines.  I do wish Bachmann would produce their own track, I know it would be done right.
Tom
Huntington, WV

ollie

Well I know atleast one who is waiting for a Mudhen....
Got a place ready for it.... 

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Anonymous bloggers notwithstanding, nothing has changed regarding this project- I will post details when cleared to do so.
Best to all,
the Bach-man

vic

Suffice to say, if Bachmann follows suite with previous releases, we wont see this until Christmas, at the very earliest...

...of course that could be xmas 2008 :o ;D

Steve Stockham

It'll show up when it's ready and the B-Man will be the first to tell us! This one is going to be special so I don't mind waiting! If there was ever an engine worthy to be "anticipated" it's this one! ;D

Charlie Mutschler

Steve, you are quite right - this is the one worth anticipating.  Consider how the K-27 will look with a string of the new tank cars - the RGS oil trains before the Ames slide cut the line and re-routed the Farmington crude oil traffic off the RGS. 

Patiently anticipating
Charlie Mutschler

Kevin Strong

Quote from: Charlie Mutschler on July 31, 2007, 10:56:57 AM
...Consider how the K-27 will look with a string of the new tank cars...

I like that thinking.

Consider how a long string of steel hoppers would look with an EBT mikado on the front!!! ;D ;D ;D

(Sorry, had to be done.)

Later,

K

japasha

Kevin, I have to agree with you. An EBT Mike would be nice. Then again, a slight variation to match a White Pass and Yukon Mike would be nice as well. Everyone else, these are big locomotives for 1:20.3.  Let's see, I need at least 20 hoppers for one of those plus one of those cabooses. Almost 1/3 of my loop outside.

The EBT ran like a small eastern mainline. Most narrow gauge fans are unaware of that. Now a nice version of M-3 would be nice to go with it.

Curmudgeon

Or, just think of what it will look like cut down to a 2-8-0.
Or, even two mechanisms under a Kitson or Garratt.

I could even fit a WP&Y GE shovelnose shell over it.
We could paint them up in Snoopy colors and make a fortune!

Nah.

Just keep Laurel and Hardy away from it for a while longer.

Steve Stockham

Heh, heh, heh..... nah! I don't think we have to worry about that bunch over here! ;)

leftyfretguy

OK,
I have been waiting a while to bring up the idea of an EBT mike again but this thread is already headed that way anyway ;D
I have a few questions about the k27 that relate to a possible future EBT release.
How was the k27 class chosen first?  Was it by size? By number of engines in that class? age? everybody's favorite type?  If an EBT engine were to be produced, what would come first.  I have thought a few different ways about this, 12 is the smallest and I suppose "cutest" but there was only one of that size. 14 and 15 are very close to eachother and most people are familar with them because they are/were/will be the work horses of the excursion trains.  But 16, 17 and 18 are also very similar so you could produce them and get the most out of the design process.  Does that make sense?  I guess what I mean is you make the same model just put different numbers on it as opposed to building a new model.
If we post a request here everyday for an EBT mike will it speed the process up? :P
I gotta stop reading these threads, Im starting to think a model of 464 might fight in with my stuff