Update for HO Thomas, Percy and James

Started by GTPS2, May 12, 2012, 04:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClearwtaerMK2

Quote from: Yardmaster on May 16, 2012, 08:28:35 AM
There are no plans to update these items.
No plans at this time or none at all?

Calebtrain

Quote from: gwr duck on May 16, 2012, 09:05:36 AM
not really because thay r just toys  ::)
but im selling all my ho engines and getting the g gauge 1s coz my garden is big and im making brendam docks with cranky and tidmouth sheds and a very long express line 4 the engines
A Tidmouth sheds hasn't been manufactured for the G scale range, so I assume you are getting a real one. The trackmaster Cranky would probably work. Just warning you, this range is very expensive.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on May 16, 2012, 04:03:28 PM
I'd assume no plans means HiTs Marketing has not brought it up to Bachmann to make any revisions, thus it has not been on their minds beyond the occasional time they hear it from us on the forum.

I imagine most products we want Bachmann hasn't considered unless HiT has brought it to the table as well.

This means they're probably at least planning on other engines for now, which right now the most likely candidates seem to be Oliver, or Arry & Bert

Anthony P2

Quote from: Sparks on May 16, 2012, 04:41:37 PM
I'd assume no plans means HiTs Marketing has not brought it up to Bachmann to make any revisions, thus it has not been on their minds beyond the occasional time they hear it from us on the forum.

I imagine most products we want Bachmann hasn't considered unless HiT has brought it to the table as well.

This means they're probably at least planning on other engines for now, which right now the most likely candidates seem to be Oliver, or Arry & Bert

I spoke to Mr. Harrington, The General Manager, at Bachmann via email for a short interview about how they make their new products for a school project back in January. I thought then i might ask some questions about the Thomas range. here is part of the email with questions about the T&F range:

Q: What goes into deciding on a new Thomas and Friends product? Does HiT Entertainment decide or do you decide on which character(s) to make?

A: We decide. We get input from our customers and have product meetings to decide new characters. They have only asked us to make one product - Tidmouth Sheds.

Q: Say you want to come out with the character Oliver, for the Thomas range, does HiT have to send you images of Oliver so you know the proportions of him and what details to put on said character?

A: Hit gives us tons of information and must approve the design and final model. There are several steps for this approval process.

So HiT has no input of what bachmann has to make, we do. HiT only approves the model.

SodorAdventures

Ok, thanks for the updates!

Yeah Bachmann, I think keepinng away from these update for now is a smart idea. Just my opinion.  

:)               I think this thread can run down now, as we have seen our answer.

Quote from: Anthony P2 on May 16, 2012, 06:27:33 PM

I spoke to Mr. Harrington, The General Manager, at Bachmann via email for a short interview about how they make their new products for a school project back in January. I thought then i might ask some questions about the Thomas range. here is part of the email with questions about the T&F range:

Q: What goes into deciding on a new Thomas and Friends product? Does HiT Entertainment decide or do you decide on which character(s) to make?

A: We decide. We get input from our customers and have product meetings to decide new characters. They have only asked us to make one product - Tidmouth Sheds.

Q: Say you want to come out with the character Oliver, for the Thomas range, does HiT have to send you images of Oliver so you know the proportions of him and what details to put on said character?

A: Hit gives us tons of information and must approve the design and final model. There are several steps for this approval process.

So HiT has no input of what bachmann has to make, we do. HiT only approves the model.

Um, we are a very small percent of bachmanns team of designers, so we just help them from what we say about what comes out.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Anthony P2 on May 16, 2012, 06:27:33 PM

That's interesting. It makes sense since we're (as in anyone who pays attention to the Bachmann Thomas range, from SIF, to here, to Youtube, etc.) the only people demanding specific products. Nice find!

Anthony P2

Quote from: SodorAdventures on May 16, 2012, 06:30:17 PM
  Um, we are a very small percent of bachmanns team of designers, so we just help them from what we say about what comes out.

not really. how about all the other Thomas fans beyond this message board. We, (like Sparks said) the message board, SiF, youtube, do get a word in to what should be next in the Thomas range, because we pay attention to the range more than little kids do. Bachmann is the one that turns to us and say "which one's next?" This makes Bachmann a great company because they listen to the consumers. high demand for a specific engine ( be it in regular product range or Thomas) makes the consumer coming back for more. happy customers = profit for Bachmann.

thomasj219

Now at least we know what we say here really matters. thanks for that.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

gwr duck

Quote from: Calebtrain on May 16, 2012, 04:30:42 PM
Quote from: gwr duck on May 16, 2012, 09:05:36 AM
not really because thay r just toys  ::)
but im selling all my ho engines and getting the g gauge 1s coz my garden is big and im making brendam docks with cranky and tidmouth sheds and a very long express line 4 the engines
A Tidmouth sheds hasn't been manufactured for the G scale range, so I assume you are getting a real one. The trackmaster Cranky would probably work. Just warning you, this range is very expensive.
yes i am building tidmouth my self and cranky is gonna be made by my uncle who makes model kits with metel
and i have no worrys about cost as my family r paid well ;) ive already got 6 annie and clarabels and 8 tar milk 10 coal wagons

ClearwtaerMK2

How can you actually afford some large scale stuff?

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Anthony P2 on May 16, 2012, 10:32:44 PM

not really. how about all the other Thomas fans beyond this message board. We, (like Sparks said) the message board, SiF, youtube, do get a word in to what should be next in the Thomas range, because we pay attention to the range more than little kids do. Bachmann is the one that turns to us and say "which one's next?" This makes Bachmann a great company because they listen to the consumers. high demand for a specific engine ( be it in regular product range or Thomas) makes the consumer coming back for more. happy customers = profit for Bachmann.
Yep, and I think someday if there's enough fan demand, we might get those revisions. It seems to be an increasing item people want. It would be great to have Thomas, Percy, and James up to the modern standards of Bachmann models, rather than something that underachieves. The Large Scale James is pretty just as accurate as the Tomix James is to the TV series, but with the CGI face. I'd love to have that full accuracy in OO, and it seems like a lot of fans are willing to pay for new models too. Bringing them up to modern standards would benefit modelers in the long run.  :) It's one of the reasons I don't want to buy a new Percy or James; their chassis' are weak, have no front coupler, and have other inaccuracies I don't have the tools to fix.

Calebtrain

Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on May 17, 2012, 08:22:27 PM
How can you actually afford some large scale stuff?
He said he sold his HO stuff.
Quote from: Sparks on May 17, 2012, 08:51:15 PM
Quote from: Anthony P2 on May 16, 2012, 10:32:44 PM

Yep, and I think someday if there's enough fan demand, we might get those revisions. It seems to be an increasing item people want. It would be great to have Thomas, Percy, and James up to the modern standards of Bachmann models, rather than something that underachieves. The Large Scale James is pretty just as accurate as the Tomix James is to the TV series, but with the CGI face. I'd love to have that full accuracy in OO, and it seems like a lot of fans are willing to pay for new models too. Bringing them up to modern standards would benefit modelers in the long run.  :) It's one of the reasons I don't want to buy a new Percy or James; their chassis' are weak, have no front coupler, and have other inaccuracies I don't have the tools to fix.
I'm willing! :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

ClearwtaerMK2

Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on May 16, 2012, 04:03:28 PM

I guess I'll just redesign those three my self.

Choobacca

delete

Shawn

How do I get into contact with Mr Harrington if I want to ask a few questions?