Update for HO Thomas, Percy and James

Started by GTPS2, May 12, 2012, 04:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony P2

Quote from: hornbyfan on May 19, 2012, 03:22:02 PM
How do I get into contact with Mr Harrington if I want to ask a few questions?

I don't feel safe giving out his email, plus i don't think Mr. Harrington would like me giving it out to people. sorry.

Shawn

That's all right.

But how did you get it in the first place?

trainboy_4

I almost started buying bachmann HO thomas today.
that was until I noticed Thomas, Percy & James do not have front coupler.
They are the 3 main ones.

Please update with front couplers and new faces then i will buy.   :P

Anthony P2

it might be a while be for they update them.  :P   sorry

Calebtrain

The hook and loop couplers can be bought separately, and easily added to the front of the locomotive. If you don't have a spare Hornby Thomas face (most don't), you can mold one out of clay. Besides, the face technically is based on some promo art for the franchise. While I agree it is not a face I love, I think, from what it's based on, is decent. Think of it this way, not everyone smiles the same way each time, call this a variation. :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

trainboy_4

I'll probably just stick with the trackmaster version.   ::)
I don't want another project.

JD417

Quote from: trainboy_4 on November 27, 2012, 08:42:13 AM
I'll probably just stick with the trackmaster version.   ::)
I don't want another project.

I hate to say it, but even the 2012 trackmaster models are better then some of bachmann's :-\

and before anyone has a go at me, I know the major differences in companies and whatnot  ::)

thomasj219

Then I don't understand what you mean. Better in terms of selection, quality? If you make a claim like that provide some details.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

StephOfTheEast

By what possible measure? The TrackMaster models are poorly scaled leaving the majority of the engines too squat and too long, they make a horrific noise as they screech around the rails, they have incorrect wheel arrangements to allow for ridculously tight curves and they break down very quickly!

thomasj219

They are toys. Good for their purpose but not in the same league as the BACHMANN models. Do you think otherwise, if so why?
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

thetanksofthomas

I thought this thread was dead! ( no rhyming intended)s
Oh may TTTE live in the world of the Awdry's.